HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   More on PA Roadkill Antlers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/43713-more-pa-roadkill-antlers.html)

BarnesX.308 11-19-2003 05:40 AM

More on PA Roadkill Antlers

I understand that you have to pay the game commission $10 a point if you want to keep the antlers from a buck you hit. How do you pay. Is it official? Is there a receipt made out and can you pay with check or credit card? Is selling deer parts OK when it' s the PGC? What counts as a point? Does it have to be over an inch long? Where can we read about this policy? I' d like to see the specifics in writing. If it' s a legitimate practice, all my questions should be easily answered.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge

Grizzlybear 11-19-2003 05:43 AM

RE: More on PA Roadkill Antlers

Scott-

I' m not sure. I couldn' t find it explicitly written down. If you find the answer, please post - I' d be interested in it as well.

Thanks!

BarnesX.308 11-19-2003 06:30 AM

It just sounds kind of fishy. It' s funny that they charge by points, too. Not just a flat rate. Antler restrictions, huh?;)

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge

JeramyK 11-19-2003 06:48 AM

I would think (and hope) they have some sort of form that gets filled out. I couldn' t see them taking payment at the scene of the accident. If they did then I' d suspect something fishy. ;)

cardeer 11-19-2003 12:05 PM

I searched the PGC rules and regs for 2 hours on their site.Now I' m puter stupid.But nowhere did I see any reg on road kills period. So I called the S.E regional office. I ask if the 10 dollar fee is for real. The secretary said yes. Then I ask what they do with the antlers handed in. She said use them for educational purposes and have a auction sometimes?. She new not when. I have a deer dump not far from my house and you always can find road kills rotting in it with antlers on them.????????

BarnesX.308 11-19-2003 02:06 PM

I sent them an email asking my questions. We' ll see what they say. Hey, Cardeer - I' m still not sure what my schedule will be for rifle season. My wife is 9 months pregnant and I' m sticking close to the house these days. We' re on a day by day basis.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge

JeramyK 11-19-2003 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: BarnesX.308

My wife is 9 months pregnant and I' m sticking close to the house these days. We' re on a day by day basis.

I' m getting into that same situation Scott. My wife is due in 3 1/2 weeks but her doctor is saying she may not make it that long. We' re preparing for anytime after thanksgiving. ;)

cardeer 11-20-2003 02:53 AM

OK Barnes

BarnesX.308 11-20-2003 11:00 AM

JeramyK - your timing is as bad or worse than mine:D. By the way, I haven' t gotten a response to my email from the game commission yet.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge

Broadhead88 11-20-2003 11:21 AM

My son was born on Dec 6th last year so I missed the entire NJ gun season. Oh well. I actually got my gear out on the Sunday night before the opener and my wife looked at me as if I was insane!

Good luck guys.

Bob