Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Best rut hunting ever!!! (northeast PA) >

Best rut hunting ever!!! (northeast PA)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Best rut hunting ever!!! (northeast PA)

Old 11-16-2003, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best rut hunting ever!!! (northeast PA)

Well this is how I finished the week off.......Friday I actually ground hunted due to the high winds in the am I saw one nice shooter buck 150 yards away. Fri pm I had a nice 8 point 40 yards away in the brush. Tried doe bleats and Buck grunts but again he would not turn.

Saturday I spent the entire day in the tree. At 7:05 I had a nice high 8 point again 20 yards away in the brush (I am going to cut massive shooting lanes in this new spot for next year!!!) Only like a 15-16" spread but VERY high rack. I thought he was going to come out in the open at 25 yards but he turned and stayed in the brush[:' (] Came out in the open 45 yards and looked back in my direction. Ended the day seeing a large racked buck crashing through the brush (must have been chasing a doe) but i only got a glimpse. Also saw a spike and the other highlight of the day was seeing 2 yearling bobcats climbing a Hemplock tree.

Over all I ended up seeing between 17 and 20 buck for the week. OF which at least a dozen (probably more) were shooters and I only saw 3 doe the entire week????????? I know there are alot more does than that around where did they go???? Hard to count total bucks because Monday was so confusing with so many LArge bucks running around I could not keep track of how many I actually saw more than once.

Now I probably will not see any of them in rifle season.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:55 AM

Well, I saw two bucks Friday and Saturday and numerous doe and buttons. The first buck I saw was a really big 9 point that my buddly later shot. I' m trying to get the pictures posted on the bowhunting forum but am having trouble. The other buck I saw was sub legal. I didn' t score, but I had two really good days. I am so happy for my buddy. The buck he killed was one of the bucks we had been hoping for. It all finally came together for him on Friday.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

Hey good for your buddy, POST THE PICS MAN!!

Glad someone scored. Although I did not even draw the bow this past week was by far the best hunting I have ever had for Bucks in PA!!

Anybody got any clues where all the doe went??????? THere are not any food sources that I am aware of they are hitting?? I have a thought...Would it be maybe cause all the bucks running around chasing them they are holed up in the really thick cover trying to elude the bucks till they come into estrus?
Old 11-16-2003, 01:44 PM

Pics are posted on the bowhunting forum!! Check them out. Jim