Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Local Mast and Berry Crops >

Local Mast and Berry Crops

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Local Mast and Berry Crops

Old 09-24-2021, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Not sure what the problem is with linking youtube videos on this forum but I just noticed that the video I linked to in my second post has now been replaced by one of the videos from a later post. I also had a similar problem with the videos in that later post. What's up with that?

I'll try posting the correct video again but my guess is that sooner or later they will get switched again.

Edit: Now it's getting really weird. As soon as I made this post the second post corrected itself. What's next? Twilight Zone?

Last edited by blksn8k; 09-24-2021 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Added Text
Old 09-28-2021, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

I only have one American chestnut that I know of on my property but I did manage to gather a bowl full of chestnuts from under it this evening.

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos
Attached Thumbnails Local Mast and Berry Crops-img_5731.jpg  
Old 10-01-2021, 05:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here in my neck of the woods the acorns are dropping like crazy. Especially the chestnut oaks. Wild grapes are just starting to turn ripe.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

I got the wide nine point today at 11:45 AM. I guess there may be some truth to what they say about deer moving in the middle of the day during a full moon. The coyotes were raising cane last night as well.
Attached Thumbnails Local Mast and Berry Crops-img_5782.jpg   Local Mast and Berry Crops-img_5784.jpg  
Old 10-21-2021, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Nice buck!!
Old 10-27-2021, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks! I had another decent nine show up on a camera at a scrape under some dogwoods yesterday evening and then again during the night. Never saw him before.
Attached Thumbnails Local Mast and Berry Crops-pict0019.jpg