Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Bear Hunters

Old 11-20-2020, 01:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default PA Bear Hunters

Well I thought PA was giving us an extra day of the regular bear season. Turns out this isn't the case. For a couple years now we have been able to hunt Saturday then Monday thru Wednesday. Well this year its been changed. We can hunt Saturday through Tuesday (Sunday included). But WE CAN'T HUNT WEDNESDAY.
I hope hunters are looking at their digest and don't go kill a bear on Wednesday. They would be in for a shock if they go to the check station!
Old 11-20-2020, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

yeah that would diffently suck. but glad to see they included sunday & hopefully next year they allow all sunday hunting.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
yeah that would diffently suck. but glad to see they included sunday & hopefully next year they allow all sunday hunting.
one can only hope. There are a lot against it, even hunters, for some reason. I'd like to see semi-auto rifles too for big game. They can require max mag capacity to 5 rounds for hunting.
Only twice in all my 56 years of hunting did I need more than one shot to harvest an animal. But it would be cool to shoot one with one of my MSRs or my M1 Garand.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

that would be nice. here in ohio it's legal to use semi rifles. especially ar 's in 350 & 450 's . what gets me is people don't bitch about fishing on sunday's do they ??? i have yet to run into a farmer or property owner who was against sunday hunting . farm burural was the one that got the ball rolling to permit sunday hunting out here maybe 15 years ago & nobody has looked back.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
that would be nice. here in ohio it's legal to use semi rifles. especially ar 's in 350 & 450 's . what gets me is people don't bitch about fishing on sunday's do they ??? i have yet to run into a farmer or property owner who was against sunday hunting . farm burural was the one that got the ball rolling to permit sunday hunting out here maybe 15 years ago & nobody has looked back.
and SORRY for getting off post topic,

well like everything in life, we all know different people and have different takes on things
I personally know a ton of land owners and farmers in MANY states, that have issues with folks hunting on Sundays
I hunted Ohio for about 20+ yrs, and been great friends with one of the land owners where I hunt, and they always ask me NOT to hunt Sundays on there land, and TRUST me, I don't mind at all NOT doing it, there place is AWESOME LOL
SO< if what it takes to make them happy is NO hunting on Sundays there, I am prefect fine with it!
so to me I see both sides of it
However, I do feel, on PUBLIC lands, if the state wanted to open that up, I don;'t see what excuses there really could be, its paid for by the hunters, so if votes says majority wants Sundays for hunting, then them places should allow it!, but I gather the don't want this, in PA< due to the Game dept, doesn;'t know how to control it, be more work for them than they want, its either ALL or nothing on there views? and I can see there side, but can also again see , if voted on, it should be do able, they just need to find a way to enforce things! LOTS of laws on the books, that get enforced, so this shouldn;t be any different, IMO!

NOW< as for topic
YEAH PA< has recently had a LOT of season changes IMO< from deer seasons, to ALL the crazy amounts of bear seasons , the rule book is a MUST read now more than ever, or one can get in trouble
and even IF they read it, some might still get confused as to things of not so long ago, traditional seasons and dates like!
Old 11-25-2020, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

wish they would stop messing with hunting seasons here in Pa. too darn confusing.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

hi Tom, how have you been? seen your brother John on FB the other day. he looks old with that beard he has. has deer season started over there yet. ours comes in this saturday.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's not too bad Slim. You should try figuring out some of the regs in some western states. Enough to make your head spin.
It looks like I will have one more chance at a bear next week (Nov 30 - Dec 5). I also have 3 more anterless tags to fill if I so desire. But after getting my cow elk earlier and my buck during archery my freezers are pretty well packed. I wish my wife would stop buying all that chicken when it goes on sale! LOL
Old 11-25-2020, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

well mr. slim i'm doing good now . but in july i lost my spleen & nearly lost my life . almost bled out . & then that led to other medical conditions. but as time passed i got better . but the good lord stayed on my side . our deer season starts monday nov 30 & my birthday is dec 1 this will be my 50th year hunting. this year i will be hunting with a blackhawk 44 with a 10 & 1/2 barrel & a redfield 2x7 scope . due to having serious problem with my right shoulder. looks to be a decent week to hunt. except for monday 50% chance of rain. & with out a spleen i gotta stay warm & dry. i have a pop up blind with a heater in . well good luck with deer season & good to hear from you again.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

just read about your wife and hope she is ok. havent seen any deer as of yet. maybe someone will push a few around here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.