HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   New Jersey Camera Check (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/423050-new-jersey-camera-check.html)

BOWHUNTERCOP 03-20-2020 01:06 PM

New Jersey Camera Check

5 Attachment(s)
Had time today to check my camera

BOWHUNTERCOP 03-20-2020 01:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
another 5 pictures

BOWHUNTERCOP 03-20-2020 01:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
another 5 pictures for ya

BOWHUNTERCOP 03-20-2020 01:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
another five for ya

mrbb 03-20-2020 01:42 PM

as soon as I seen your post I was thinking I bet he got a bear on cam , LOL

and your deer seem very fat for this time of yr, I know it was a real mild winter and all, but even my deer that have it easy here look much thinner than your's

and I still haven';t had a bear yet, but I took a major hit on bears here with last yrs crazy bear season, lost 13 or so bears within a 2 miles of my place, so, don't think I will have many this yr
and I normally have about 17-20 a yr here
they keep this season extended like they have and bear numbers will be down in a LOT o places in PA I think! they harvested a LOT of females too, which won;t be replacing any with cubs this spring!
I hope the state takes a few days off the season in future yrs!
PA game dept worked real hard to have good bear population, hate to see it get ruined just for $$$ and lic sales!

BOWHUNTERCOP 03-20-2020 02:52 PM

mrbb, this all deep woods no working farms near by.....I was happy also to see they are chubby and healthy

mrbb 03-20-2020 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP (Post 4372411)
mrbb, this all deep woods no working farms near by.....I was happy also to see they are chubby and healthy

that's what I figured and why I find it odd LOL

My deer here have 100+ acres of food plots YR round access, and a ton of local folks that feed corn in winter time, and I can see ribs on all the deer that show up at my food plots this time of yr, they have endless food here and yet they are all thin it seems

I have noticed a LOT more coyotes this past 1-3 yrs, so maybe there keeping them thin being chased

only flaw in that logic is I have two that are limping, broken legs and have been about opening of rifle season last yr, so, I would think if coyotes are after them, them wounded one's would go down first, or should have by now??
maybe deer here are all watching there figures HAHA!
but yes its always nice to see them fat after winter!

BOWHUNTERCOP 03-20-2020 04:23 PM

this mild winter I noticed many bucks still holding their antlers, and this mild winter should help come fall with bigger racks

mrbb 03-21-2020 02:50 PM

Kind of funny, as last night I had a bear on my deck eating fallen bird seeds
a small orphaned cub from last yr, someone shot its mother in late June(game warden involved )
and he showed up at my place, following another bear with two cubs, only she wanted nothing to do with him
he was super tiny and wasn't sure if he was going to make it, was in for a hard road, but he made it! beating the odds!
so little by little he made it, thru life on his own, no mom, and thru hunting season and now through winter!
He was the last bear here to den for winter, not till second week in Jan, did it find a place to sleep winter off
so he's a lucky bear for now to have survived with all his disadvantages!

have to check my cam's tomorrow, sure I got a few pic's of the little guy!

mrbb 03-22-2020 10:05 AM

5 Attachment(s)
hope you don't mind, but here are a few pic's from my backyard!

small male orphaned bear, first time seeing him since Jan
and I just added lime to this food plot and thus you can see them sticking there tongues out, not liking the lime so much!