Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
pennsylvania's first opening saturday so how was it? >

pennsylvania's first opening saturday so how was it?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pennsylvania's first opening saturday so how was it?

Old 01-12-2020, 07:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
the more time i can get to hunt the happier i am. really don't understand what the issue is . if you don't want to hunt opening day on saturday & continue on sunday just wait to monday & go. in ohio we can hunt sundays & i love that . ohio is talking about opening the saturday after thanksgiving & going to the follow sunday. giving gun hunters 2 extradays especially when week day hunting is pretty much gone now a days
Week day hunting isn't gone unless you chose not to hunt. It also sounds as though you only get 1 week, I'm unfamiliar with Ohio seasons.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

i know getting kids started hunting is harder now a days. they would rather sit and play video games. kids today arent like us older folks we were outside from sun up to sunset. during the summer we were hunting, fishing, playing baseball, or roaming the woods. also i think that camps are suffering is that today we have game like turkey and bear in parts of Pa. that we didnt have before. i remember when the only way to see turkey and bear you had to go up to the mountains. i see both of those right near the house. could also be that people are moving out of Pa. to find work. my son had to move because he couldnt find a teaching job here in Pa.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:14 AM
Typical Buck

you're right mr. slim during the summer we spent allot of time playing little league baseball. now that hardly exist anymore . also how much time we spent down in drummonds hollow & across the river up in maysville or even at lefty stovers or my uncle andy's place.at that time you were lucky to even see a deer. mostly small game . & if you did kill a deer you usually made the paper in avonmore or the local paper.. bear or turkey you went to the mountains. do you remember the hunters breakfast that they use to hold on opening morning either in avonmore or saltsburg oh what great times that was in the 70's . miss those days & everybody or about family had kid's hunting. today they are either into sports or social media or into those damn video games . killing people or even worse bad guy's killing cops. what the heck is going on with our kids today.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:22 PM
Spike

I don’t like it because I hunt Md also so I got the chance to hunt opening day in both states now I have to choose...
Old 01-24-2020, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

heard ohio is thinking about a saturday opener also. i would pick the best state & go there .