Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Anyone hunting Pennsylvania 1A? >

Anyone hunting Pennsylvania 1A?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone hunting Pennsylvania 1A?

Old 08-17-2019, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

holy crap jake let me get this straight.you live in indiana pa & work in ravenna oh.that's alot of miles & hrs from home. you know that is the area were the horn in the horn big is from not on the property but close to the arsenal. was found on the railroad tracks within a couple of miles. yeah i don't blame you i would be excited anytime i would get drawn for a hunt .
Old 08-17-2019, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

I'm living in Trumbull county Ohio now.

Fifteen minutes from the arsenal.

-Jake
Old 08-19-2019, 04:09 AM
Typical Buck

oh i see why you hunt grand river probably close to you. i ought to get you to come to lorain county to hunt some private land out in wellington.near findley state park.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
oh i see why you hunt grand river probably close to you. i ought to get you to come to lorain county to hunt some private land out in wellington.near findley state park.
I would absolutely enjoy getting to meet you and getting together for a hunt sometime.

I'm not too far from you. And I know where Findley State Park is. If you need help on the property sometime let me know. I'm a worker!

I'm about twenty minutes from Grand River. Have a few decent spots out there that I enjoy stomping around in. Although there aren't as many deer running as there used to be. I like it because it's such a big area you can usually get away from other people. Especially when it's flooded. Allot of people don't want to get their boots wet it seems. There's some pretty spots out there though.

I used to especially like hunting out there during the late seasons for doe. But now Ohio has the only one public land antlerless and no antlerless deer on public land rule after gun week. So I lost my favorite late season spot. I prefer to hunt doe.

I like a buck as much as anyone but I'm a meat hunter and just have always really enjoyed late season doe hunting. Maybe the new doe restrictions will boost the numbers a little bit.

-Jake
Old 08-20-2019, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

ok jake let me get in contact with the owner & see if i can get you permission .i don't see a problem buti better ask first. maytake a week or two to get to talk to him. i think he's out the area right now.will let you know
Old 08-20-2019, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

I'm going to send you a private message to your inbox
Old 08-21-2019, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

sent you a reply to your private message