Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA Opener possible change >

PA Opener possible change

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Opener possible change

Old 02-16-2019, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tradition doesn't have to change if you don't want it to..Dont go out until Monday if you so choose...
Old 02-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RonM
Tradition doesn't have to change if you don't want it to..Dont go out until Monday if you so choose...
A large percentage of rifle buck harvest happens on the opener. It would be silly to miss it if you are able to hunt it. I've never missed an opener. And I never intend to.

AND

It will still change 'tradition' and the deer camp. Even for those who still choose to start on Monday (which would be very very very few).

-Jake
Old 03-21-2019, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another proposed change is to extend bear season the last 2 weeks of archery and also during the early muzzleloader season in October. I'll be carrying my trusty .58 cal Renegade hoping to put one of those big lead balls into a bruins chest.