Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
No Mention of New PA Archery Record? >

No Mention of New PA Archery Record?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

No Mention of New PA Archery Record?

Old 01-31-2018, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default No Mention of New PA Archery Record?

About a month ago, the PA archery record was shattered. A 13-pointer that grossed 193 and netted 185 was scored and the record declared by the game commission. Nothing posted here.

Then, it comes out that the guy shot the buck in October, couldn't find it and then found the skeleton 41 days later. Still nothing on here.

To be fair, I didn't post it either.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

I saw that buck and some of the news articles on it. I typically don't get caught up in the big buck craze. Was a nice buck though

-Jake
Old 02-02-2018, 05:21 AM
Spike

Another horror story with a quartering away shot with rage broadheads. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about finding it 41 days later that it still counts as a record. It's kind of blind luck that he didn't fill his tag after thinking this one was lost. Shooting it on public land is impressive though. PA is definately getting more and more monsters every year.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

He shot it while it was quartering-to. Kind of a neck/shoulder shot. Trying to angle arrow in between the shoulder blade and neck and out the opposite rib cage. Arrow didn't make it through. Great rifle shot. Poor archery shot.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
He shot it while it was quartering-to. Kind of a neck/shoulder shot. Trying to angle arrow in between the shoulder blade and neck and out the opposite rib cage. Arrow didn't make it through. Great rifle shot. Poor archery shot.

That's it exactly. With a rifle, that drops them right there. But with a bow, that's a shot you should pass on.

-Jake
Old 02-03-2018, 05:24 AM
Spike

I definately agree that I would of passed up that shot. I would of waited for a better shot or hope for another encounter on a different day. I did take bad shots as a youngster and wounded a few. I guess being disciplined now is from that sick feeling you get when you can't recover your game.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

Not sure I'd be proud if that was my record....
Old 02-20-2018, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

now the story is he found it right away! i think the pa game commision did that to get the heat off of both of them. such b/s if you ask me. heard he never said anything about the deer until he accidently found it! i still say it is shed find not a actual deer kill.what stops a hunter from finding a monster new record dead in the woods & claims oh yeah i shot him 2 months ago but thought he got away. did some reseach & found he found it on a state game land in westmoreland county. but did'nt want to say which one . but found 1 acticle that said itwas state gameland# in donegal twp. yeard the game commision nose is starting to grow.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:26 AM
Spike

The pictures I seen are with the whole Skelton and some hide, it wasn't from a shed. It shouldn't count. Pennsylvania wants to be known as a possible record buck hunt state. There's no way Wi would allow it to be a record. How do you prove you were even the one that shot it? What if it just bedded with a non lethal hit and a pack of wolves or coyotes finished him off?
Old 02-20-2018, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

pa is trying to make it a record buck so that every so called big buck hunter from out of state will be willing to buy a non resident hunting license. big mucho dollars for non resisident hunters. prove to me that was your buck & i might try to believe you. but until that no record

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.