Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hunt group...

Old 01-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Spike

Talking Hunt group...

Good evening, dear fellow Hunt enthusiasts.

My name is Hubert and I'm new to this forum.
I live in Delaware and a year ago got into Hunting.
Ever since then, I am hooked.

Went out couple of times last years, did some Deer(not much luck) and Duck hunting. Looking to join a group for a Hunt and meet new friends. Please contact me at my email or through the Forum message system.

Thank you and lets have a great New Year of Hunt.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:02 AM
Spike

Welcome to the forum. Am from Wilmington originally now live near State College PA.
I haven't hunted DE in years but hope to start again in a few years, as time allows. Where do you hunt, deer that is? We use to put in for draw hunts from Blackbird State Forest north always had good luck. Years back I was mainly a shotgun and muzzleloader hunting, now much more into archery.
Good luck into finding a group. My suggestion is gun shops, archery stores, talking with people and checking bulletin boards. Lots of people hunting who you may not even realize just because of the rep we sometimes get.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:52 PM
Spike

Hey PA sportsman.
I find my self mostly over the Canal for fowl and deer. Had some luck in fowl but still no deer. Maybe this year. I use mostly shotgun and build my own AR’s but archery is slowly is growing on me.
Haven’t hunted in PA yet, but would like to in future. Maybe, if You have an open spot for next hunt, I’ll drive over. Hahaha
Thx for the advice and will try to look into some hunt clubs.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:37 AM
Spike

Patience and persistence it will all come in do time.
I'm 50+ and have hunted nearly 35 years. Only took 5 years to learn and stay put, then I started killing deer. Before that I got antsy and would move pushing deer to others (at least someone was killing deer). Also back in the day if it was brown, it was down (does, bucks, yearlings), now a days I have much more time and am more selective (bucks only). Nothing huge but many respectable deer.
As for hunting in our area, I'm within 1/2 mile of 200,000 acres of public land and even though I hunt my own property I have helped put people in some decent areas where they have killed deer (just remember, patience and persistence).
Archery is the best time, even though range is limited, deer are calm and gearing up for rut (late Oct and early Nov). Once rifle season opens deer are pushed in every direction.
I'm located near State College, about 3-4 hr's from Wilmington.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:36 PM
Spike

Hey. PSA.
Since I live in DE, I do most of my hunting with 12g.
Only use for my Aar15s are ranges, to practice my groupings.
Maybe one day I’ll visit PA to pick up a nice trophie home.
I feel like most inspiration comes from common sense, while on a hunt. Not including, a stand or tree, of course.
Good looking out and good luck on this years hunt.