Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Hunters - Best Days over next 2 weeks >

PA Hunters - Best Days over next 2 weeks

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Hunters - Best Days over next 2 weeks

Old 10-30-2003, 09:28 AM

Default PA Hunters - Best Days over next 2 weeks

Ok a little over 2 weeks left in the season. I plan on making it out all
of the next 3 saturdays plus burning 2 vaction days to try to get going. Any recomendations? I am thinking friday the 7th and maybe Monday the 10th any recomendations? your plans?

I hunt one stand and am considering possible ground hunting to venture deeper into the land or other areas. sign around my stand has been minimal and sightings are all but non-existant. I have seen 4-6 does and a buck 120 yards away from my stand. thinking of trying a ground hunt one morning to pursue that area.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:38 AM

Default RE: PA Hunters - Best Days over next 2 weeks

Last weekend I saw a decent sized buck at a new ground hunting location that I hadn' t hunted yet this year, but he was running with another buck, so I know the rut hasn' t kicked in enough here yet, so this week I am leaving the area completely, hunting my wife' s grandparents farm, in a totally different part of the state (Fulton County), let the area calm down, then next week I am taking friday off to hunt, saturday, and the week after friday and saturday again, with prolly 1 or 2 days in there that the weather plays into my favor :-)
Old 10-30-2003, 10:38 AM

Which county are you in? From here on out, the mornings should be excellent. I' m worried about the warm weather coming in this week (Allegheny county) for the evenings. I' d take a day in the middle of the week depending on where you hunt. Should be less pressure from other hunters. Good luck.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:09 PM

Cableguy

The best rut hunting usually occurs the four or five days following the second full moon in the fall. That full moon is going to occur on Sunday, November 9th (if I' m not mistaken). I' d plan on being in the woods from the 12th (Wednesday) through the end of the season (Saturday the 15th).

I haven' t seen any chases, yet, but have seen a few determined-looking bucks from the roadside with large necks and straight-legged gaits. Good Luck!

Willie
Old 10-31-2003, 05:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wish that were so in my area however, with all the small game guys out there the deer that are on the public land that I hunt aren' t interested in anything but getting the heck out of there each morning....

In some of the other areas that I hunt I have always found the last week to be the most productive in terms of numbers of sightings and size of racks.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

In some of the other areas that I hunt I have always found the last week to be the most productive in terms of numbers of sightings and size of racks.
Me too, Frank. I have off 11/6-11-12. I figured 3 days of straight stand hunting and a Sunday to do any emergency scouting, watch the race and football, then back out for 3 more days in the stand. It' s gonna be gettin' hot and heavy around here int he next week or so.....I sure hope the temps drop and the weather cooperates otherwise.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:37 AM

Glad to see that I am not the only one planning on hunting hard the last week of the season. Heading to Centre Co to hunt the mountian deer and scout for bear.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be out everyday except one from now to the end of the season. Next week I' m completely off, and the following week I' m at half days again. I' m figuring I should see something good enough to shoot. I' ve had 5 small bucks give me shots so far this season, only one was AR legal. I have a couple nice ones in my area to wait on. I just wish this heat would go away.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:12 PM

Yeah I figure friday 7th, Saturday 8th, then thurs, fri, sat to end the season probably all the same stand except that Thurs I might try public ground or different part of property. 5 days rut time hopefully will pay off.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:40 AM

I have the next two weeks off to hunt. I saved my vacation all year for the special event. My hunt started off good yesterday when I was a massive buck that would not give me a shot. I saw some single does walking around too. I love this time of year. In gun season, the deer hunting goes to krap as soon as the rifles start sounding off. I will take this time of year over the orange rampage any day.

Gar

Quick Reply: PA Hunters - Best Days over next 2 weeks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.