Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Renewed my PA Game News >

Renewed my PA Game News

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Renewed my PA Game News

Old 09-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Default Renewed my PA Game News

Just Renewed my PA Game News.

If you're from PA or Hunt in PA I can't recommend this magazine enough. It's good articles, info, and stories all directed at PA outdoors and hunting. Very little of the advertisement type stuff allot of the other magazines have gone to.

-Jake
Old 09-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Is the first thing you turn to the "Field Notes" ?
Old 09-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Not to share too much information, but the field notes are my favorite bathroom reading material. Short, quick funny stories, perfect for the bathroom.

Did you ever send any Field Notes in during your career? There's certainly some funny ones.

-Jake
Old 09-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, I had a lot of them published, 5 or 6 a year when I was a Field Officer. I have a bunch of the original art work done by Nick Rosato , who used to be the illustrator for the field notes. Back when Nick was still the guy who did the illustrations for the Field Notes and perhaps now as well with the new guy, the officers whose field notes got an illustration would receive the original art work. Surveys have shown over the years that the first thing most subscribers go to is the field notes. That is still the case with me.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

I've been reading Game News since the mid 90s.. Haven't had my own subscription that long, allot of them came from my uncle when he was done with them. But I've likely read some of your submissions before.

-Jake
Old 09-11-2017, 02:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Game News probably gets passed around from person to person more than any other magazine. A bit of history, the game news started out as an internal mimeographed news letter given to employees to keep employees informed, including Field notes. Employees started giving them to their friends to read and eventually the request from the public to get them was enough to make the PGC create the first magazine, you probably have seen them, they were a log larger than the current one.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

One of the perks for being a hunter safety instructor, besides the satisfaction of educating new hunters, is a subscription to the PA Game News. I enjoy the Field Notes. There are some really funny things that happen out there. Lots of other good info in it also.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think I started in 69 or 70 , had them all until 4 or 5 years ago when my basement flooded, had to haul them off with my Mother Earth News, was a sad day...I read the field notes but also read most of the stories...Top shelf reading, great stories..
Old 09-27-2017, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

Ron, im like you as far as getting game news. started back in the late 60's and still getting them. used to save them but got to the place where i didnt have the room to keep them. i now give them to my chiropractor for her office. she is a hunter too.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep. I read them all, but I look for my areas first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.