Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Cost of Lease Question >

Cost of Lease Question

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cost of Lease Question

Old 08-31-2017, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Arrow Cost of Lease Question

I have approximately 80 acres and I was approached by a man that wants to lease it for hunting. Any thoughts what a fair price would be? The land has deer and some turkeys. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pa doesn't really bring BIG bucks for lease's due to the state has the largest amount of public lands open to hunters and well, PA isn't a real trophy state(getting there but not like many others )

10-25 bucks an acre for GOOD land is about right?
would come down to what your land is, how many acres are actually huntable, any food plots or like things to make it more desirable , any QDM been going on ?? and so on!

a suggestion to you, is MAKE sure they have insurance and not on you if anything happens
you can go to a web site called Base Camp Leasing
here is a link to them and some PA lease's they offer, to give you a feel maybe?
and there is also info about insurance for those that lease too, it just protects YOU the land owner and them the hunters, most folks that lease on a regular basis, and DON"T want to gamble, require it!, but also keep in mind, money can be tax able, pending how its done,?? Uncle Sam always wants his share, sadly! LOL

http://www.basecampleasing.com/land/hunting-lease.htm
Old 09-01-2017, 02:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Several years ago, some friends and I leased 100 acres for a regulated hunting grounds so we had a place to train our dogs. We paid 10.00 per acre. This was farm country that had some deer on it but we only leased the rights to use the land for small game and not the deer.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

we pay $60 a acre for a 100 acre's in Lamberville NJ . Its farm country across the Delaware River near New Hope PA.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PaJack
I have approximately 80 acres and I was approached by a man that wants to lease it for hunting. Any thoughts what a fair price would be? The land has deer and some turkeys. Thanks in advance.
Where at in NE PA ??
Old 09-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

As mentioned, it depends on what the property is like and what he's willing to pay. Are there stands set up? Food plots? Is it wooded? Farmed? 50/50?

I used to be invited occasionally onto a lease here in Ohio. There were around 30 permanent stands and ground blinds set up. There were food plots, cleared four wheeler trails for deer retrieval, a shed set up for skinning and quartering. It was nice.

I have no idea what those guys paid, but it had to be allot. I was thankful for the invite each time I went out.

Obviously a property like that brings more money than 80 acres that was clear cut ten years ago and has no trail access, stands, or anything on it.

-Jake
Old 09-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Make sure you are very specific on what and what not the person can do on the property. Can he bring other hunters? Who? What changes is he allowed to make as far as plots and trails? Who is responsible for what and when? Are they allowed to drive on any logging roads and trails? With 4 Wheelers or Jeeps? For what purposes?

If it is not written down and signed by both then it is not going to be able to be enforced if just by verbal agreement. Also have witnesses to the lease signing.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be careful who you let on to "my mountain", Jack.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

You can find generic lease forms on the internet. Find one you like and fill it in, add the requirements and restrictions that you both verbally agree on make two copies and have them both signed and dated by both parties and have them witnessed. You do not need to have the lease notarized to make it legal. In all my leases I made renewal automatic if paid by the expiration date along with a provision that the lease could be cancelled be either party with a two week notice in writing. You can put in the provisions a requirement that the land owner must refund your fee pro rated on the amount of time left on the lease if the land owned pulls out of the agreement.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lightbulb

Scott,the 77 acres is behind my house,on MY mountain across 118 is almost 300 acres... The gentleman that wants to lease it has a young son and I know how hard it is to find a place to hunt so I told him just to go ahead and use it,but only for them and not his friends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.