Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Baiting squirrels legal in pa? >

Baiting squirrels legal in pa?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Baiting squirrels legal in pa?

Old 02-12-2017, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Uncle Nicky
Pretty sure the law is no.

Thanks you answered my question... That's all that was needed
Old 02-13-2017, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

you are allowed to bait coyotes.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Coyotes are not game animals, they are furbearers.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't let it bug you Longbeard. Some of us old coots could use a bit more restraint and tact in their posts. They can also get their feathers ruffled pretty quickly. Let the remarks run off you like water off a duck's back and read between the lines.

I want to get me one of them signs that reads; "This corn has been place here for the enjoyment of viewing squirrels. Any deer caught eating this corn will be shot on sight."
Old 03-25-2017, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

oldtimer, i have a hand held call that i use for squirrels. i usually makes them think another critter is in their area and they start chattering and give themselves away. its legal in Pa.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

cant believe someone didnt say to walk through the woods and act like a nut. would that be baiting. lol.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have deemed that some who walk thru the woods are nuts.

Al
Old 03-27-2017, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you supposed to judge the size of the squirrel by comparing him to the bait barrel? If he comes up to the 2nd ring, he's a good one.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
I read the book and I didn't see that... You almost have to be a lawyer to interpret the rules and regulation... I just asked a question that's all... I'm not a poacher I'm not a rapist I'm not a child molester... Actually I'm a pretty good decent hard working white man that just likes to sit in my ground blind and shoot a couple squirrels... You guys love you some bashin don't ya...

Gotta be careful when you say the dirty word bait in a pa forum
Well said!!!!!!! Lots of grey area in that digest.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

On page 17, headed general hunting regulations top of the page in the digest, left side, the word baiting in bold black letters.

"Baiting is allowed in the southeast special regulations area by permit only. Elsewhere in the state, it is unlawful to hunt in or around any area where artificial or natural bait, food, hay, grain, fruit, nuts, salt, chemicals or minerals including their residues, are used or have been used within the past 30 days, as an enticement to lure game or wildlife regardless of the type or quantity. Hunters are responsible for ensuring that the hunting area has not been baited before they begin hunting. They should physically inspect the area and question landowners, guides and caretakers. This section does not pertain to hunting near areas where accepted farming or habitat management practices are taking place (example:hunting near food plots on game lands is legal) Any natural or manmade non living bait can be used to attract coyotes for hunting or trapping".

Nothing grey in that information and it was easy to find if one wants to find it. There is an index in the front of the book.