Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Deer Hunters

Old 08-06-2016, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I don't know which county treasurer you delivered the application in person and I am not going to ask but you are lucky they accepted it, they are not supposed to accept them except by mail until over the counter sales start on for WMU 3B. I hope the boy gets a license.
Sometimes "breaking the rules" is a good thing. Glad your boy got his tag though! Like OT said, Lucky that they accepted it, cause they weren't supposed to. I made a mistake once and they sent it back but thankfully I was able to resend it and still get a tag.
-Jake
Old 08-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like I got 2 doe tags for 2E. I will go pick up 2 more for 5C on the 22nd of Aug since there are 37000 left.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by c-rad
Looks like I got 2 doe tags for 2E. I will go pick up 2 more for 5C on the 22nd of Aug since there are 37000 left.
I had it in the mail Friday before the second round opened but still only issued the one tag. They ran out before they got to me I suppose. 5c is Philly area right? Do you have private land over there or is public land available. I'd like to hunt Pittsburg area this year but All the public chunks are very small, so not sure if it's worth it or not. I'm trying to find someone in that are that has land that I can hook up with.
-Jake
Old 08-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

I dropped mine off at the Ebensburg post office on Friday at 430. 2E is pretty much a easy doe for me. I get a 3 day doe rifle season from the 20th to the 22nd. The deer are even spooky yet. 5C Is north of Philly. I have access to private land but as of now I will hunt public land. Most of the areas I am going to hunt there are around houses so I will only hunt with a bow. It is pretty miserable hunting there lots of blackberry bushes. I was looking at trees to hunt out of yesterday and my arms are all cut up. I have access to 3 plots of private land they vary from 11 acres to 25 acres. My biggest reason for hunting 5C I get to hunt archery 2 weeks early and 2 weeks after 2E season comes in.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hunt where the black berry bushes are, deer love to eat the plant and the berries.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

I am right in the middle of them. It is just hard walking in to where I want to hunt with a treestand on my back. It going to be great doing it at 5am
Old 09-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Spike

5d checking in with you fellas! Was out and about scoping things out in the 5c and 5d area and no hurricane and kinda warm still, did I mention the bugs? Oh yeah, the buggies are still out and about too...
Old 09-13-2016, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sitting in 5D right now (at work). Still a couple weeks away for me to hunt in 3B. Hopefully nice and cool up there by then. I've seen it anywhere from high 20s to high 70s so anyone's guess.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

I think some of PA early archery comes in this week, like around pittsburg area.. Not positive on that though. Ohio comes in Sept 24.... I won't get much PA archery time this year, as I spend all my free archery time in Ohio. Seasons will be here soon!
-Jake
Old 09-13-2016, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

I start hunting in 5c saturday. I have 2 doe tags to fill for that area. Only way a buck will be shot this year if it is huge or in flintlock season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.