Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

No fawns?

Old 07-17-2015, 05:42 AM
Spike

bronco 22000 give it another week or 2. My sister just called me she lives in Shaler that's in SRA UNIT 2-B Allegheny Co. 1 doe with 2 fawns in her back yard. weird part to me anyhow was my sister said it hunched over to take a crap Ive seen a lot of deer take dumps but never hunched over like a dog to take a dump.Maybe she saw a coyote take 1 and she picked up on it.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by TWOWITHONE
bronco 22000 give it another week or 2. My sister just called me she lives in Shaler that's in SRA UNIT 2-B Allegheny Co. 1 doe with 2 fawns in her back yard. weird part to me anyhow was my sister said it hunched over to take a crap Ive seen a lot of deer take dumps but never hunched over like a dog to take a dump.Maybe she saw a coyote take 1 and she picked up on it.
It may have been taking a whiz, since that's how a doe does it. Could be she was constipated, LOL, but that would be doubtful this time of the year with the moist stuff they should be eating.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've counted 7 fawns so far out on my spots. Was a little surprised considering the winter we had. Guess the food plots really paid off this/last year. Rape and turnips as well as some winter wheat.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

bronco, I'm in sw Pa. and only seen one fawn so far. it comes out in the field above the house. I'm surprised there aren't more as there is a lot of feed here. while I'm on the subject of deer, I have a button buck that comes into the field just about every day that has a black tail. it looks like it has something leaking from its rearend. its rump and back legs also has the black stuff on it. it is really skinny and its ribs are showing. it seems to be feeding ok, but not gaining weight. any ideas on whats with this deer?
Old 08-08-2015, 06:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have seen quite a few and I had to chase one out of the development I live in 2 days ago so it would't get hit by a car.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Spike

I didn't see many earlier in the spring but more have started showing up since. This could be why there are or seem to be fewer.
http://bonecollector.com/bc-news/whi...awning-season/
Old 08-13-2015, 01:27 AM
Fork Horn

i live in massachusetts and there seems to be quite a few fawns running around here in zone 6 and zone 5 got quite a few on cams. the thing i noticed is majority of fawns are all different ages meaning some are still small and others are just outgrowing there spots. i do have one adult doe that has three fawns.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:45 AM
Spike

There are many fawns here in central MD. Maybe more than I've seen in many years.