Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
The PA GAME COMMISSION >

The PA GAME COMMISSION

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

The PA GAME COMMISSION

Old 07-13-2015, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by TWOWITHONE
Excuse em wah didn't see you hanging from the cross.
You're excused, but don't let it happen again, LOL!
Old 07-14-2015, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I am not nor was I a biologist for the PGC and I have no agenda but the truth, something that seems to elude you. I also know exactly why PA has a flintlock season and who was respnsible for working for years inorder to get it after all the other deer seasons were over, and there never was an early flintlock season, it always has been after Christmas. PA has a Flintlock season and had a flintlock season long before there was a general muzzleloader season, season where inlines, percussion and flintlocks may be used. Why, because anything other than a flintlock is not a flintlock. I know the people (knew some who have passed) who lobbied for years to have a primitive flintlock season and they asked to have it at the worst time of the year when the other deer seasons were closed where they could go out in authentic dress and hunt deer with a flintlock. I have forgotten more about the ins and outs of PA's seasons and bag limits and what was needed and why they happened than you will ever know. Not because you are incapable of knowing, but because you don't want to know, the truth doesn't fit your agenda. I have dealt with those who would rather believe nonsense than the truth for a long long time, it is nothing new. As far as HR being needed, I doubt like most people, you even know what a browse line is or looks like so a discussion on why it was needed and how over populated PA's deer herd was would be futile. As far as porcupine seasons go, they like most other animals that are allowed to continue to grow in population cause damage. Damage to the forests and damage to property. Allowing porkies to be killed as opposed to total protection allows the population to be reduced. Vern Ross had not a thing to do with a Porcupine season. Vern Ross is now working for "Wildlife for Everyone", an organization that gives monetary grants to wildlife management effforts state wide. Now, all these red herrings that you just threw out to try to hide the origional discussion where you claim that Insurance companies lobbied the PGC to kill more deer have been addressed, the truth remains the same. I do appreciate that you like the pic of my setter pup.
The Flintlock season was one of the GREAT things the PGC did. The early in-line RIFLE season one of the worst!! Yes Porcupine need to be hunted. Just asked someone who had their brake lines chewed up what they think of Porcupine's . Vern Ross, thats a blast from the past! Great Setter pup! Have a nice day!!!

HJ
Old 07-14-2015, 06:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Hatchet, I agree with you on the inline season 100%.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Your raw-raw should be rah-rah, LOL! Raw means uncooked! I'm the tie breaker and since you're already outvoted 2-1 I declare you the loser in the debate, as well as in spelling, LOL!
For the fun of it. My vote is in. 3-1. For his spelling. I have nuttin to say about that. I went to Philadelphia Public Schools! NUFF SAID!!!!

HJ
Old 07-14-2015, 06:39 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
For the fun of it. My vote is in. 3-1. For his spelling. I have nuttin to say about that. I went to Philadelphia Public Schools! NUFF SAID!!!!

HJ
I must be having a dream is this HPA.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being rah-rah has nothing to do with it. The Love for the Great State I been hunting the last 45 years, and the health of the Deer and Forest does . Something had to be done, and it was. Not all of it was right but I will say it is a start in the right direction.

HJ
Old 07-15-2015, 07:04 PM
Spike

Whatever hatchet jack there was a lot more stuff gone wrong than people would think. Forest regeneration is 1 right now it isn't as rosy as Doug says and its 10 yrs later. At least you confirmed not all of it was right and if you just think what is the number 1 reason people buy hunting licenses in this Commonwealth its to hunt deer period.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

I didn't say it was rosy.I said it was better as does DCNR,which is why they haven't fenced a timber sale in over 6 years in this district and they took everyone of their units out of dmap in Moshannon state forest.I guess that means that they didn't want all the deer dead after all.

You would really benefit from spending some time in the woods with an actual forester that's educated on the way deer impact the habitat rather than relying on the USP and acsl's nonsense.I get it,you want more easy targets and you don't care what cost to the habitat is associated with it.You'll climb aboard any conspiracy theory and cheer right alongside anyone who also wants more deer at the expense of everything else.It's America and that's your right even though you aren't right.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Spike

I get it,you want more easy targets
Talk about easy targets did,nt you use to hunt Treasure Lake.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

Sure did and for several years I killed 6-7 deer per year in there.There were way too many deer and the deer completely destroyed the habitat which is why I formed a committee to try and reduce the deer population.We dmap'd the heck out of it and opened it up to the public so as many deer as possible would be killed.I resigned from the committee when I saw it turning into more of a private hunting club.They reduced the number of hunters and the number of dmap tags because other members of the committee weren't seeing enough deer anymore.I practice what I preach.Incidentally,the success rate on bucks in there was only about 4%.I moved out of there about 5 years ago and hunt public land and land owned by timber companies and dmap'd.The areas where I hunt have some of the lowest deer densities in the entire state and you never hear me complain.I just hunt and shoot deer.Actually,for the past three years,I've been taking my son out as a mentored youth and he's been killing most of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.