HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Sunday hunting in Wes Virginia (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/393709-sunday-hunting-wes-virginia.html)

cory boothe 08-15-2014 06:34 AM

Sunday hunting in Wes Virginia

I am interested in advocating Sunday hunting in West Virginia. I recently was able to facilitate five out of seven counties to pass Sunday hunting. Mason and Roane County will be on the ballot this fall.

For info, check out SUnday hunting in West Virginia on facebook. Thanks.

dougl 08-15-2014 07:45 AM

Good luck Cory.How were you able to facilitate getting sunday hunting approved?

cory boothe 08-15-2014 10:02 AM

First was collecting signatures from over 5% of the registered voters in each county. Next, was winning the primary after some intense campaign efforts.

RonM 08-22-2014 10:48 AM

You got it approved or you got it on the ballot, quite a difference there..

troutbum 08-22-2014 12:42 PM

Maryland Sunday

They approved Sunday hunting in Maryland , Only problem is , you can hunt only private land. That's great if you have or know somebody with Land. I have a friend that loves to hunt, but he works 5.5 days a week. Hunters like him lose out. It's great if W,VA lets you hunt public land on Sunday's too. Good luck.

Bbj270 08-22-2014 05:25 PM

They had Sunday hunting in hardy county wv for one season then, the same people voted it back out. It was on private land and only certain Sundays. Some county's in wv still have Sunday hunting.

WVHillhick 09-04-2014 11:47 AM

Thankfully my home county and me rifle county both have it.

hillbillyhunter1 09-15-2014 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bbj270 (Post 4155558)
They had Sunday hunting in hardy county wv for one season then, the same people voted it back out. It was on private land and only certain Sundays. Some county's in wv still have Sunday hunting.

Not quite accurate....back then governor bob wise unilaterally (good job) lifted the ban on Sunday hunting statewide......however all these dimwits.....county by county passed referendums at the ballot box to restrict Sunday hunting in each particular county in wv....from what I understand every time that the referendum to end Sunday hunting appeared on a county ballot....it passed.....ending a very temporary opportunity for hunters in that county. The few counties that still allow Sunday hunting have never placed it on the ballot at all. Thankfully I get to hunt some in Jefferson county where it's still legal.

Where are you in hardy county there bbj?? I'm from Moorefield and still hunt there some.....I wouldn't be past hunting there on Sunday too if it was behind a locked gate....to heck with the voters on that crumby deal.

Bbj270 09-15-2014 03:32 PM

I live in Baltimore but own land and most of my family is in mathias.

hillbillyhunter1 09-15-2014 04:42 PM

Mathias sounds a whole lot better than Baltimore but I know you got to do what you gotta do sometimes......I live now in martinsburg (yuck) myself....lol