Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA Doe application due >

PA Doe application due

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Doe application due

Old 09-03-2014, 03:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Show me a law that says you cannot spot from the road in PA under the game laws! No such thing exists. That isn;t grey, it is non existant. There is a difference between a law with grey areas and laws you don't like, a big difference. In addition, the fact you do not know why the law exists does not make it grey either and that seems to be the situation wth both of you.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 09-03-2014 at 03:09 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Show me a law that says you cannot spot from the road in PA under the game laws! No such thing exists. That isn;t grey, it is non existant. There is a difference between a law with grey areas and laws you don't like, a big difference. In addition, the fact you do not know why the law exists does not make it grey either and that seems to be the situation wth both of you.
I've been told by a CO that you cannot get out of the truck and pursue ANY game that you have seen from the road,even if it is on the move and you try to cut it off hundreds of yards away, they consider this be "road hunting". The bottom of page 17 of this year's rule book says "It is unlawful to 1). hunt from a vehicle"...my impression of "hunting from a vehicle" is jumping out of the truck and firing off a quick shot.

If you don't see this as a contradiction or a grey area open for interpretation, there's not much I or anyone else here can do for you, just supports my theory of the typical, narrow-minded PA hunter.

Good luck this year, my dog would probably like you anyway.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

When you said spot, I thought you were refering to a spotlight. The law is, you may not drive around looking for game to jump out and shoot, that is using a vehicle to hunt, that should be self explainatory. It is pretty easy to identify a road hunter if you watch them. If you are driving at normal speed on your way from one place to another, not looking for game, and you spot game, You may park in a safe place and try to hunt the animal after you proceed 25 yards into the field off the highway before you may shoot. That is not 25 yards up the road or down the road but straight into the field. This stuff is not roaket science nor is it new, anyone who has been hunting any legnth of time should know it. The intent of the law is to keep people from driving around looking for game, you hunt with your feet, not a vehicle. Even the handicapped people with a permit to shoot from a vehicle may not drive around looking for game. They must park and use the vehicle as a blind. No I don't see a grey area at all, the point is if you don't use you vehicle to hunt, you will never have to worry about it.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Uncle Nicky
Lots of "gray area" in the rules also...no spotting game from the roads? Are you supposed to close your eyes while you are driving? How do you go about enforcing a law like this?

"No stalking turkeys...hunt by calling only"...does this mean you can't close the distance on a bird? What if you don't use your call that day and kill a bird...are you now an outlaw? Again, how do you go about enforcing a law like this???
I don't agree with every game law but they're dreamed up by the legislature and enforced by the PGC.

Stalking turkeys in dangerous so its illegal.I have no issues with that.

You don't have to close your eyes when you drive but you can't locate game from a vehicle,get out and shoot.I have no issues with that either.

I really don't see anything gray about either of those issues.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's another strange one. You can now bait again in the Special Regs Red Tag enrolled Farms. But you can only use a fedder no larger than 5 gallons, and 3 feeding's a day. WHY? 5 Gallons ??? Really?? You will spend more time filling the feeder then you will hunting at the feeder. I hunt NJ where you can bait for deer and all of our Feeders hold 500 lbs of feed that last almost all year. What is the reason for such a small feeder? I don't know??? Anybody got a answer to this one?

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta agree with Jack, many of the hunting laws in PA are strange and hard to decipher, I've never seen a rule book for any other state that is as large as ours. Try making sense out of the "fluorescent orange" rules, or laws on shooting dogs that are chasing deer. Try asking a CO what the rules are on hunting un-posted land, or what the rule is on quartering your deer in the field (as opposed to dragging it back to your truck). For us who've lived here a while, they're probably second nature.
Look's like you are uninformed and stupid just like me.

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
Here's another strange one. You can now bait again in the Special Regs Red Tag enrolled Farms. But you can only use a fedder no larger than 5 gallons, and 3 feeding's a day. WHY? 5 Gallons ??? Really?? You will spend more time filling the feeder then you will hunting at the feeder. I hunt NJ where you can bait for deer and all of our Feeders hold 500 lbs of feed that last almost all year. What is the reason for such a small feeder? I don't know??? Anybody got a answer to this one?

Hatchet Jack
I have no idea.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hatchet jack

Hatchet Jack
No idea here either. But I'm sure oldtimr will chime in & say it should be self-explanatory, and we are just looking for ways to bend the rules for our own benefit??? WOOF! WOOF!
Old 09-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

You know you sound more ridiculous with each post!
Old 09-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

No idea here either. But I'm sure oldtimr will chime in & say it should be self-explanatory, and we are just looking for ways to bend the rules for our own benefit??? WOOF! WOOF!
X2 for the Stupid/Uninformed.

Hatchet Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.