Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA Doe application due >

PA Doe application due

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Doe application due

Old 08-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pats102862
I for the life of me cannot see how instant gratification of seeing deer every day in the woods is good for hunting? I like your approach Doug, teach the kid to look at the Forrest and tell you if there are any deer in it. We as human beings won't keep going to a grocery store that doesn't have the food we like, unless we absolutely have to. Why do people think deer are any different?
BTW how are the horses?
I agree.

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dougl
We have the drillers here too. I cannot complain about damage, but it did nothing for the local economy.

LOLThere's no drilling permits east of center county or south of Luzerne county because the Marcellus shale isn't in the southeast part of the state.Take a trip to Towanda,Tunkhannock,Montrose,Troy etc and tell me the drilling didn't do anything for the local economy.You couldn't rent a hotel or find a rental property up there for 3 years and all kinds of businesses spawned because of the drilling.Quit while you're behind because you have no idea what you're talking about.
NO KIDDING on the drilling east of Center county. Take a trip? Doug I hunted just south of Montrose for the last 45 years. I know the drilling has helped the local economy. I believe my drilling/ economy post was for the overall benefit of the WHOLE STATE. I also agreed the State needed Deer reduction just not at the magnitude it was planed by ALT and the PGC!! I hunted Tioga, Potter, Suskie, Wayne, Bradford and all the counties in SE PA. I also have a camp in PIKE CO PA. I also hunted Illinois,Kansas, Ohio, KY and Canada. I seen the Good the bad and the ugly in many places! I live for this great PASSION we BOTH have! So you tell me I don't know what I am talking about?That tells me either you don't know what your talking about or you just hear and don't listen. Be Safe!

Hatchet Jack

Last edited by hatchet jack; 08-17-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
I know your not talking about me. I been living, breathing and Sh*&^%$ Hunting and the great Outdoors in PA for 45years. I to seen the good,bad and ugly. I did realize the Deer herd needed to be reduced. Just not at the rate it was done. I still think the hunting is good in PA. You just need to scout and hunt harder, and I have no problem with that. But the lack of Deer not being seen by the less hardcore hunters and Youth hunters are pushing them away. That's sad and bad for the future of hunting in PA. Just saying .

Hatchet Jack
????????????????

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Things sure did change in Susquehanna county. Its the county of GOV.TOM CRUMB GAS WELL CORRBET. Man did they Destroy some nice land that I hunt on near Dimock pa. That WHOLE area is F%$#EDup!!! All the creep Out of State Gas workers just throw their trash out onto the roads. { looking like Philadelphia } NON-Stop water trucks 24/7/365!!! What a MESS !!!! The BIG MONEY was hard to turn down. To top it all off the State lets them RAPE our Land just about TAX Free. I am sure GAS WELL CORRBET will be getting another big donation for his RE/Election from his Gas BUDDY'S Happy Hunting!!!

Hatchet Jack
????????????????????

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

i don't care who own's the gas rights or who is getting royalties and negotiate surface disturbance, ect,ect,ect! Crumb Bag Gas GUV sold out our state to help get elected. Then he lets them off the Tax hook when they rack in BILLIONS!!! What a JOKE!!!! Oh thats right he created Jobs . Yeah for the trash throwing OUT OF STATER'S. It STINKS!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
????????????????????????

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

There not being overharvested they were overharvested. Thats why the Hunter numbers have been down in the last 5 years or so. Thats part of the reason the Deer are starting to make a comeback in the State Forest/SGL I hunt in Pike Co. I know what your saying about the habitat and the amount of Deer per Sq mile thats a fact. I still think the PGC went overboard with the amount of Doe tags and the 2 week Doe fest during Buck season. They Had Gary Alt sell us a bag of goods/ BS Deer plan . I agree something had to be done. They should of went about it with a REAL Deer Doctor not some front Man/Bear Biologist and more scientifically. It was a knee Jerk reaction by the PGC and it was wrong.

Hatchet Jack
????????????????????????????

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your Kidding ? I think? How did people get gas before the major Drilling/raping of our land? Maybe propane, maybe oil, maybe candle light with their Horse and Buggy. I know people are making big MONEY letting the Gas Co drill on there land. Thats hard to turn down. But the people of the state should be reaping more benefits like education, road and bridge repair and the elderly. These's PIGS are making Billions and are being taxed at one of the lowest rates in the country. Thanks to the Harrisburg CRUMBS/ Hatchet Man Corbett!! IT FRACKING SUCKS! I think the DEER think so to.

Hatchet Jack
?????????????????????????
Hatchet Jack
Old 08-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO KIDDING on the drilling east of Center county. Take a trip? Doug I hunted just south of Montrose for the last 45 years. I know the drilling has helped the local economy. I believe my drilling/ economy post was for the overall benefit of the WHOLE STATE. I also agreed the State needed Deer reduction just not at the magnitude it was planed by ALT and the PGC!! I hunted Tioga, Potter, Suskie, Wayne, Bradford and all the counties in SE PA. I also have a camp in PIKE CO PA. I also hunted Illinois,Kansas, Ohio, KY and Canada. I seen the Good the bad and the ugly in many places! I live for this great PASSION we BOTH have! So you tell me I don't know what I am talking about?That tells me either you don't know what your talking about or you just hear and don't listen. Be Safe!

Hatchet Jack

Doug my above post was wrong. I believe your reply post was for Gunplummber. Sorry for the RANT ! It was wrong, but I do believe with my points and views as you do. Be Safe

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-18-2014, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Jack,I grew up in Wyoming couty ad spent the first 22 years of my life in that area.I know what it used to be like and I know what it's like now.My brother owns a bunch of property near Lake Carey which is very close to Susquehanna county.There used to be piles of deer there,now there's not.It's all private,very few people shoot doe and the deer aren't there like they used to be.They didn't die of lead poinsoning.The habitat is overbrowsed.In fact,I know for a fact that the habitat there and on my buddy's property near Montrose is actually worse than what we have in the NC part of the state.My mother lives a few miles a way on rt 6.The area are around her house was logged heavilty in the mid 80's and it's surrounded byagriculture.Throughout the 90's there were deer all over.I remember having to crawl through those clearcuts.Today,they're out of the reach of the deer and there's a fraction of deer from what there used to be.

Yes,my posts were directed at gunplumber,not you.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

So, you admit clear cuts are worthless. Yes they are. Maybe you should spend more time in the woods and less on the internet. Deer will only eat laurel when pressed for food? I think you have laurel confused with rhodadendren. You can cut open the stomach of a deer with gallons of acorns in it and there is still laurel mixed in.
Around here the PGC is starting to do controlled burns instead of clearcuts. They move slow, but they finally got with reality. Thinking the understory will come back with no deer to eat it is just stupid. I still hike around in an area that HAD a lot of big deer in it back in the late 70's. Down in the bottoms there is no regeneration now that the deer are thinned down to a handful. When the Alt crew wanted to make a point, they fenced off an area and limed the hell out of it. I have watched a clear cut on top of a mountain in WV for about 20 years. It is still worthless. Once the slashings get above the deer, it grows to about 15 feet and dies. The scrap chokes out anything of value and chokes itself out. You can easily walk through that clear cut now and for the last 15 years. There is a whole lot more to management than the crap you read on the internet.

Last edited by Gunplummer; 08-20-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.