Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NE Wisconsin public land >

NE Wisconsin public land

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NE Wisconsin public land

Old 07-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Spike

Default NE Wisconsin public land

I know its rare for anyone to spill the beans that im requesting. Im a college student in northeast wisconin that has trouble making it back home anymore for hunting season. Anyone have any hidden gems or locations to check out in this area for good safe public land. me and a buddy from school are looking for mainly a good area to bow hunt while at school that isnt too much of a drive. were in green bay. anyone got any advice we are all ears. thanks!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

Start here:

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/OutdoorRecreation/

You can enter your city and a mileage limit and select "hunting" in the activity section, and it will generate a list of public land sites.

Also here: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/lands/

Also, in Wisconsin, there's a fair amount of public land managed by counties. There used to be a mapping system online that would show county land, not sure if it still exists, but I can't find it now. You should be able to get info from local county forestry departments.

By the way, you posted this in the New England forum section -- might get a better response in the Midwest forum.

Good Luck.