Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA Game Commission Finally >

PA Game Commission Finally

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Game Commission Finally

Old 05-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
I was Turkey Hunting up in Pike County on Saturday and had a 200lb Bear walk by me at 50 yards. The first thing I thought of was this little discussion we been having about Mr Alt. LOL. Thats funny.

Hatchet Jack
Thanks to Alt!!
Old 05-05-2014, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

There were rumors that Alt was going to paint the weight on the side of bears after darting them. I have not seen any yet, but I guess there are some in Pike County.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=Gunplummer;4138370]There were rumors that Alt was going to paint the weight on the side of bears after darting them. I have not seen any yet, but I guess there are some in Pike County.[/QU

I met no disrespect to you about the Bear I seen Turkey Hunting. I thought the Bear was around 200lbs and it made me think about this G.Alt subject. Hope you have a safe hunting season!!!! Where have you gone Gary Alt???? NUFF SAID!

Hatchet Jack

Last edited by hatchet jack; 05-05-2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Bear are on the move right now hunting food. It is spring. I saw one on the way in to work yesterday about 7:30 PM (I work nights). He or she was in a parking lot across from a hotel going into Nesquehoning and eyeing up a dumpster. Guessing 300 + pounds, had no neck and a really round head. This morning there was garbage all over the parking lot. Maybe more showed up later. Seemed like a lot of trash spread out for one bear. There are a lot out there, even with the extended season the last couple years.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Speaking of bears... I see them during deer season, turkey season, small game season, the summer, while driving, while fishing, while hiking, while motorcycle riding, while fourwheeler riding, while taking out my trash... and I've NEVER seen one in bear season. Haha, but that's how it works isn't it?
-Jake
Old 05-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I've NEVER seen one in bear season. Haha, but that's how it works isn't it?
-Jake
in ohio or pa
Old 05-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

Some people would be surprised how many are trapped for crop damage and moved from the area RIGHT BEFORE bear season. Back in the 80's I used to hunt Longpond with a bow and that was common GC practice. Don't know if they still do that. I am not saying it is wrong, that is just the way it is. If you hunt on a mountain during archery that has corn fields in the valleys, the bear activity gets more frequent on the mountain when the corn pickers start working down below.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Bears have been all over Southeast Pa the last few weeks. Not one had the weight painted on its side by G.Alt. LOL!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 06-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tundra10
in ohio or pa

I live in Indiana County, PA now. Have been hunting this area since 2000.
-Jake
Old 06-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Spike

I know the problem we have in n and have for years is people hunting bucks cutting off the antlers and leaving the rest of the deer lay there to rot and still have the tag to use

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.