Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
shot heard round New York >

shot heard round New York

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

shot heard round New York

Old 01-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

for more info #shotheardroundNYS and man do I hate this hashtag crap
Old 01-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

for more info #shotheardaroundNYS and man do I hate this hashtag crap
Old 01-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Spike

forgot all about this.. darn!! Anyone get their gun off today?
Old 01-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

I heard one shot-mine.

From WNYT:

Shots heard 'round New York State

Created: 01/12/2014 10:24 AM WNYT.com
By: Cadence Acquaviva

With a single shot, Saturday at high noon dozens of gun enthusiasts, hunters and elected officials at the Middleburgh Rod and Gun Club wanted to show they take their Second Amendment rights seriously.

The call was put out for gun owners across the state. No word on exactly how many took part. The statewide protest dubbed "Shot Heard Throughout New York State" was a stand against New York's Safe Act.

Schoharie County Sheriff Tony Desmond was there along with State Senator James Seward who said the Safe Act legislation was ill advised and it's not fixing the root of the problem.

Seward says it's the criminal element and what he calls the dangerously mentally ill. He says the Safe Act is only affecting honest people, but proponents say the law respects the interest of sportsmen and legal owners and the right to bear arms.

The law has been put to the test in the courts and a judge recently upheld most of the law, but rejected a portion dealing with large capacity magazines and semi-automatic rifles.

The court battles are not over yet. For Seward and those who oppose the law, they will not stop until the entire measure is repealed.

Albany
Overcast
39°
42° | 32°

Feels like: 30° F
Wind: WNW 17mph
Humidity: 65%
Old 01-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Spike

'The law has been put to the test in the courts and a judge recently upheld most of the law, but rejected a portion dealing with large capacity magazines and semi-automatic rifles'.

where can i find out about these parts and what was rejected?