Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Do you live in Connecticut? Time to move >

Do you live in Connecticut? Time to move

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Do you live in Connecticut? Time to move

Old 12-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Do you live in Connecticut? Time to move

Connecticut Gun owners are in line registering their semi automatic weapons and extra capacity magazines. New law goes into effect January 1, 2014. >>>just so we get this straight from January 1, 2014 THERE WILL NEVER be another shooting, this will CURE MENTAL ILLNESS. That is what this law is saying and it is saying give us your info so "when" we remove the 2nd amendment we know what you own & who you are!
CT hunters we all need to get behind each and everyone of you anyway we can. We need to pour money into the NRA and any other pro-gun agency we can. You need to remember this when its time to vote. MORE IMPORTANT >>>You need to let everyone know "who" voted this law into place.

I apologize if this is not the place to post this.

Last edited by Outdoor; 12-27-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: wrong Place to post???
Old 12-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

You could add it into the political forum as well if you like. Gunowners in all states need to wake up. Some have been fighting the battles but too many have sat quietly on the side and disengaged from a dangerous reality.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Spike

Connecticut is one of the bluest of the blue states. There was widespread opposition to the new law to no avail. Though there are many gun owners, there are probably not enough to make a significant difference.

The law goes into effect in a couple of days. My sense is that there will be about 25% compliance on the long guns and much less on the magazines. In many ways it is unenforceable since magazine purchases have never been registered and direct private transfers of at least long guns did not require any paper work until now.

Early on there may be some arrests of people who publicly and loudly stated that they would defy the law. But in the long run it will be unenforced unless the violation is uncovered for some other reason.

In the future I think we can expect one of or both of the following, an occasional amnesty, as they do for taxes, and eventual confiscation of anything that has been registered.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Whether the "state" decides to press the issue or not, is not the issue here. The issue is that the state of Connecticut has chosen to make ordinary, law-abiding citizens law-breaking felons with the stroke of a BS pen. No I do not live in Ct, but I did grow up there before joining the military. I enjoyed my childhood there, but I was a child then, not realizing the "Libtard" attitude that prevailed even then. I will continue to visit from time to time to see my family, but I'd live in a cave in Tennessee before I'd ever live in a place that steals Constitutionally given rights away from honest people ever again. I feel sorry for those gun owners in Connecticut who choose to look the other way or not care about what your elected officials have done to you.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CT-Hunter
Connecticut is one of the bluest of the blue states. There was widespread opposition to the new law to no avail. Though there are many gun owners, there are probably not enough to make a significant difference.

In the future I think we can expect one of or both of the following, an occasional amnesty, as they do for taxes, and eventual confiscation of anything that has been registered.
This is my worry for Connecticut gunowners.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just glad this problem has been fixed.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by CalHunter
This is my worry for Connecticut gunowners.

Yes but confiscation will be difficult given low compliance ith the law. It looks like they got about 30% compliance on firearms and much less on magazines.

In other news the first arrest for violation of the ban has been made. It seems a local low life was arrested with a stolen firearm after expending a few rounds in a housing project. He was also charged with other more significant offenses like possession of a stolen firearm.

http://www.bristolpress.com/articles...d402380068.txt