Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Here we go again!! >

Here we go again!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Here we go again!!

Old 12-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by KonKata
Prints have been found and documented. The game commission refuses to release any statements other than "there are no breeding populations".
Documented by who? Certainly none have been documented by any reputable agency or university. All reputable organizations say the same as the game commission - "there are no breeding populations". Until they say different, I have no reason to think differently. Like I said before, testimonials mean nothing to me. If I believed what the testimonials say I'd have to believe in bigfoot, ogopogo, the lock nest monster, alien abductions etc. etc. etc. No thanks!
Old 12-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

Bronco22000: I read your post, and sure enough I cut bobcat tracks a couple days later. I was hunting a mountain I have hunted over 40 years and it is the first I saw of them. I will give it the benefit of doubt on the mountain lion thing. I don't really care what biologists say. Those are the $%^holes that pretty much wiped out the PA deer herd. Until just a few years ago a lot of us were idiots because we thought deer could see colors. Now I am reading science has made a "New" discovery.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
Bronco22000: I read your post, and sure enough I cut bobcat tracks a couple days later. I was hunting a mountain I have hunted over 40 years and it is the first I saw of them. I will give it the benefit of doubt on the mountain lion thing. I don't really care what biologists say. Those are the $%^holes that pretty much wiped out the PA deer herd. Until just a few years ago a lot of us were idiots because we thought deer could see colors. Now I am reading science has made a "New" discovery.
That's right! Scientists are "$%^holes", let's let uncle Bubba and his nephew Stinky enlighten us!
Old 12-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

Could not be any worse than the crap that biologists have been slinging at Joe Hunter for the last 10 years.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
Could not be any worse than the crap that biologists have been slinging at Joe Hunter for the last 10 years.
I agree, scientists don't know as much about game and game management as Joe Hunter.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Sylvan
I agree, scientists don't know as much about game and game management as Joe Hunter.
I sense a bit of sarcasm there. But look at what the biologists did to PA's deer herd. We hunters have been telling the PGC for years that they were issuing too many antlerless tags and reducing the population to critical levels. They are finally starting to believe us. They realize that they screwed up but will not admit it.
License sales show it too with hunters becoming frustrated and not buying them.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Spike

Some people used say there is no way that mountain lions or wolves are in Indiana and I was one of those people for years. Then one day out walking my Grandfathers farm with my Gramps he elbows me and nods toward the other side of the valley. I looked up and could not believe what I saw. Yes it was a mountain lion. I still thought this was just a fluke thing maybe someone had raised it and released it. At any rate even after seeing it I doubted that there were any others in the area or state. Well years later I read a statement from the DNR and I'll share the link.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files...nformation.pdf

Now that statement was released around 2010. Now when you hear about a sighting its not that big of a deal.
They are making a comeback and it is illegal to hunt them here so they will make a comeback as the apex preditors.

Last edited by ladykiller; 01-03-2014 at 05:05 PM. Reason: correction on year
Old 01-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Banned

Hunted in Southern Illinois 5 years ago and 1 of the guys in camp swore that he had a mountain lion working around his stand for 15 minutes one late afternoon.

I believed him.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I just got around to reading my Dec 2013 edition of American Hunter magazine. There is an article in there titled "Predators at the Back Door". The article talks about grizzly and black bears, coyotes, and cougars. In this article there are maps of the current and historical ranges for each of these animals. Taking a look at the cougar's, the historical range was from the west coast to about the eastern edge of the rockies (maybe a bit farther east) and from the upper reaches of BC south all the way into South America. The current range now covers this area AND the entire rest of the continental U.S. and about 3/4 of Canada. Pretty much the same for the coyote.
I believe they are here in PA. I've just not been fortunate or unfortunate enough, depending on the circumstances, to see one for myself.

we have deer everywere peoples back yards in the citie outer limits and there cant be a mountain lion in up state pa lol
Old 01-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I sense a bit of sarcasm there. But look at what the biologists did to PA's deer herd. We hunters have been telling the PGC for years that they were issuing too many antlerless tags and reducing the population to critical levels. They are finally starting to believe us. They realize that they screwed up but will not admit it.
License sales show it too with hunters becoming frustrated and not buying them.
You should sense a lot of sarcasm there! I don't have much respect for conspiracy theory thinking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.