Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Full Moon on opening day >

Full Moon on opening day

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Full Moon on opening day

Old 10-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Full Moon on opening day

In the Southern Part of NY opening day for the gun is Nov.16th right around the full moon times. Will this vary the way you hunt at all, possibly concentrate more hunting time in the middle of the day? (assuing you dont sit all day straight)
Old 10-31-2013, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not really. I'll be in the stand by 6:00 AM and wait as long as necessary. If I'm positioned correctly, it will be ok. BTW, Charlie Alsheimer is predicting that a significant ramp-up in buck activity commencing Nov. 15 and continuing for 7-10 days. For the last 3 out of 4 years, I've got my buck on opening morning. Good luck to you.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
Not really. I'll be in the stand by 6:00 AM and wait as long as necessary. If I'm positioned correctly, it will be ok. BTW, Charlie Alsheimer is predicting that a significant ramp-up in buck activity commencing Nov. 15 and continuing for 7-10 days. For the last 3 out of 4 years, I've got my buck on opening morning. Good luck to you.
Same with me, the last 3 or 4 years Ive gotten all my bucks on NOV.20th and one on the 21st. Good luck to you also.