Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Hunting S.E. PA? >

Hunting S.E. PA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hunting S.E. PA?

Old 07-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Spike

Post Hunting S.E. PA?

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, glad I found the site. Been lookin round for a good hunting/outdoors forum.

Anyway, can anyone suggest some good hunting spots in SE PA? I, addmittadely, life in Philadelphia.

Thanks in advance!

JAS
Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Hey JAS, I go to school in doylestown. I have found it hard to gain hunting access in my area, most people are against hunting. They just don't understand it. But Across the river in NJ its been a lot easier to get hunting permission and there are tons of deer and some pretty good bucks. my advice is to ask around alot. In PA its like a 1/20 shot (for bow hunting) but in NJ its closer to 1/10. good luck hope you find a place to hunt
Old 07-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look up Evansburg State Park in Montgomery Co. Maybe 45 minutes away.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah.....SE PA in one tough place to get permission to hunt. I live in Langhorne and have found just one small woodlot I have been given permission to hunt...have yet to venture into Jersey.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Spike

Dang... looks like I might need to get a NJ license for this season then. Could be worse
Old 07-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
Look up Evansburg State Park in Montgomery Co. Maybe 45 minutes away.
Just googled it, looks like I might need to check that place out this winter. thanks for the help
Old 07-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to drive a little further, Berks Country has a lot more land. Also, Marsh Creek State Park, in Chester County.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

The good thing about jersey is you can shoot like 5-6 bucks a year, just something else to think about
Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Vermont_hunter
The good thing about jersey is you can shoot like 5-6 bucks a year, just something else to think about
Can you suggest any good spots? I see a lot of good land driving from SE PA to Atlantic City... but I'd say they're all private spots.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

I used to live right on the Bucks County/Lehigh County line. I did good by hunting spots nobody would even bother with. I had a good spot where 3 fence lines came together. It was open fields all around it. Nobody had ever even asked the owner to hunt there before I did. Hunt during the day (10:00-2:00) during the week. Deer can tell when it is a work day just by the noise in the morning. Deer really get up and move around during the day in the 'Burbs. Tell NO ONE where you hunt. That is when the trouble starts. I still go down there now and then during the late doe season. I have a good spot on State game Lands and we have always seen deer in the extended season. It is thick and I bet the average deer in there is missed 5-6 times a season, but we do see deer. There are deer left on state land, but you have to find that magic spot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.