Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Any PA Flintlockers? >

Any PA Flintlockers?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any PA Flintlockers?

Old 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Default Any PA Flintlockers?

Anyone getting some traditional time in? I'm hoping to be out next saturday, but depends on how the schedule pans out. I've heard a couple shots this past week in my area.
-Jake
Old 01-05-2013, 02:13 AM
Typical Buck

My son was out.Snow where he is is over a foot deep and has a crust. He says it is hard to walk in!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

i was out in parker PA in the Allegheny river hills with my lyman .54 plains rifle flinter. snow was about 1.5 ft. didn't see anything but a lot of deer activity. My dad saw a coyote but couldn't get a shot. i will probably head out for a local evening hunt tonight.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Spike

I was out at Hillman State Park all day yesterday. Saw one runner in the distance through the thick stuff. That was it for the whole day. :/
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by LibertySheepdog
I was out at Hillman State Park all day yesterday. Saw one runner in the distance through the thick stuff. That was it for the whole day. :/
PA public land can be tough if you can't put in the time or don't live close to it. I love going up in the Allegheny nation forest and up in 2d but its just hard to get up there and be successful when its a 2 hour drive and you don't get much scouting. Not to mention the game commision over managing the herd up there. i guess i'll just be filling my tags outside the suburbs with the bow. i would just love to live closer to the big woods.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Spike

Hillman is only about 30 min from me, it's just a matter of putting in the time and learning the land. I've hunted a couple spots I scouted out in the pre-season (aka small game season), but just haven't had any luck yet in firearm season or now flintlock. I'll be out again this Sat. Supposed to go up near 60 degrees. Not sure how that'll affect things.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by LibertySheepdog
Hillman is only about 30 min from me, it's just a matter of putting in the time and learning the land. I've hunted a couple spots I scouted out in the pre-season (aka small game season), but just haven't had any luck yet in firearm season or now flintlock. I'll be out again this Sat. Supposed to go up near 60 degrees. Not sure how that'll affect things.
i'll be out too. Is hillman in 2b? if so you can hunt with slugs for doe (if you have a tag) until sometime in Feb.