Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Any Chester County PA guys out there >

Any Chester County PA guys out there

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any Chester County PA guys out there

Old 11-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Spike

Default Any Chester County PA guys out there

I'm new to the site, and would love to see if there are any local guys on here. I tagged out Nov. 3rd with a nice 7pt picture below. Shot him at 7:15 am ran 20 yd's and fell. I used my trusted bowtech tribute with a rage broadhead. Dressed he was about 180 cool rack the g2 on his right side was 9 inches. Great deer for 2012!!
Attached Thumbnails Any Chester County PA guys out there-550346_526513097377011_901271534_n.jpg  
Old 11-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

definitely a cool buck. Most of the PA hunters i see here hunt the NW or SW part of the state. I tagged out on a 6 point in bow season about 45 min outside of pittsburgh. Going out this weekend to try and get a rifle doe in NW PA
Old 11-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Spike

Yea those are great parts of the state but as far as deer number's goes my little corner here in the SE part issued over 110,000 doe tag's for wmu 5c which is what I'm in that was the most issued in the entire state. The only problem is too much land is being turned into neighborhoods. There are still great public propertys and still plenty of nice track's of private land but bow hunting here is really what you gotta do. my buck is decent but not my biggest we got some monster's floating around here. But yea I would love to hunt the SW part of the state heard there are some big antlers floating around esp. in the section's were you have to have 4 pt's or more on one side!!! good luck brother
Old 11-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BowtechBro View Post
Yea those are great parts of the state but as far as deer number's goes my little corner here in the SE part issued over 110,000 doe tag's for wmu 5c which is what I'm in that was the most issued in the entire state. The only problem is too much land is being turned into neighborhoods. There are still great public propertys and still plenty of nice track's of private land but bow hunting here is really what you gotta do. my buck is decent but not my biggest we got some monster's floating around here. But yea I would love to hunt the SW part of the state heard there are some big antlers floating around esp. in the section's were you have to have 4 pt's or more on one side!!! good luck brother
oh yea i haven't had a season where i havent seen a buck of atleast 140" all within 20 miles of pgh. I'm getting a little tired of suburban bowhunting even with the nice bucks but hey thats what i got on weekdays. NW part of the state is great wilderness and remote, but they are issuing to many doe tags. Now that you can't take one the first week it should help them recover some what. Its great for bear and turkey..deer numbers are really low, but if you see a buck up there its usually a good one. The coyotes are a big problem too. Good luck to you too sir.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Montgomery County, near Valley Forge. I've hunted Marsh Creek a few times. Mostly I hunt up in Sullivan County.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Spike

yea being 15min away from delaware and md. have it's bonus's though three hunting liscene's to tag muliple bucks, and in maryland you get 2 bucks with your liscene and unlimited does these's day first year they have done it!!! There's some big boy's in the cheaspeake bay area and the Striper fishing is even better!!!!