Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

any PA Bears?

Old 11-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default any PA Bears?

I had the chance to go up to my friends camp this past weekend up near Brookville. I wanted to go but couldn't fork up the gas money or buying a stamp/tag for a good chance of not getting one...well my mistake! out of his 15 person group 5 got bears, a 33% chance is great for bear here when you can't bait or use dogs, plus only 3 day gun season. They were all taken in the clarion river hills. Its a prime spot for some big ones. I heard a huge one was taken near marienville around my camp area. Any body get one or got some pics to share? Also do they put the check stations stats online at the end of the season so you can see what size bears were harvested?
Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

i meant 33% success rate not chance.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a season for the record books!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Spike

Hunted all four days, today being the last. Saw no bears although I did find a small set of tracks in the mud and did not hear any shooting either.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our group hunted out of our Northern Clearfield Co. camp for 3 days. We hunted areas that have always produced bear in the past, but this year was pretty bad. Nobody even got a glimpse of one, and the shooting was almost non-existent.
I heard the Game Commission is blaming the low harvest on warm weather and the lack of snow. Personally, I'm not buying it...
Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pawildman
I heard the Game Commission is blaming the low harvest on warm weather and the lack of snow. Personally, I'm not buying it...

PGC darn near always blames the weather.

Wait till the deer harvest numbers start making press. The weather will be the culprit.

I'm waiting for the day they say the we screwed up in our management , I won't see that in my lifetime , my son maybe.

Last edited by Tundra10; 11-21-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

i think the deer harvest will be up a little bit this year because the rut seemed to come in a little late. It will stick suck up in the NW though cause the population just isn't there, bigger bucks are being seen though.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Spike

Harvested 5 bears out of 10yrs at my camp. 50% in a decade isn't a bad count. I have 40 acres up 66N past marienville. My Uncles camp is a few miles east of marienville. Good spot for bear.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ken Stonehouse
Harvested 5 bears out of 10yrs at my camp. 50% in a decade isn't a bad count. I have 40 acres up 66N past marienville. My Uncles camp is a few miles east of marienville. Good spot for bear.
dam thats good. i love it up there in the big woods. wish i got more of a chance to go up there for archery for deer but the 160 mile round trip isn't to easy on my wallet.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

HK, you gonna go this year?
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.