Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Southern zone reports >

Southern zone reports

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Southern zone reports

Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Spike

Default Southern zone reports

How did everyone make out this opening day weekend. I live and hunt in Walton N.Y. and heard very little shooting in my area. I did luck out with a nice 7 pointer on sat afternoon chasing a fawn and mother. Did not see many deer on cars in town so it makes me wonder if the new antler restriction played a big part.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

The good weather brought hunters outta the wood work in my neck woods 7m! Not to degrade all hunters, but this opener is my least favorite hunting opener. Mainly for reasons of hearing non stop shooting all day. Sitting on a watch hearing that isn't very enjoyable. Then a doe comes running by I see has been hit low in brisket area. She lays down in front of me. A hunter comes walking towards me, she rubs off. He asks if I seen it. He explained how he shot at her about 200yds w/ his 12ga, and aimed 15" high didn't know if he hit her. I barked ya dumbass you hit her in the brisket, and just wounded her, good job finding her!! Then he goes on to tell me how earlier him, and 3 buddies were all opening fire on a nice buck chasing a doe, and non them could hit him! But he didn't know if hit this doe either. Its morons like that, that really put a bad taste in my mouth, and I feel don't belong in the woods to begin with!!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted in 3H... Saw about 12 different bucks 4 points or Less, and a few does. No chasing at all and no mature bucks
Old 11-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Spike

Hunted in 9K, lots of shooting in the am, a few in the pm. Saw 18 doe and 3 bucks, a 4 pt, 7 pt, and the third was chasing a doe about a 100 yards out, couldn't tell what he was through the trees.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

Seen 1 doe on sat and heard quite afew shoots up East Brook on Sat, Sun seen 4 doe in am, Heard more shoots in am than after noon. Know of a nice 7 point shot up on Houck Mt,
Old 11-20-2012, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

Hunted 9P opening weekend, I shot a 4-point, a buddy shot a small 8. About the same amount of deer sightings as usual, but seems every year I'm hearing less & less shooting.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Spike

Hunt 9Y, usaual barrage of shots in the morning and then tapered off as people either actually started aiming or saw less deer. Saw much chasing let 5 little bucks walk.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Spike

Got a decent sized 8 pointer on opening morning in 4P :*)
Old 11-22-2012, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

Hunted 9p Birdsall ny first 4 days. Sat all day first 2 days saw 5 doe. UGHHH. 15 others in camp 5 bucks down opening day, all small. 2nd day buddy gets nice 9 point, probably 110-115". Day 3 and four are drive day. Nice 8 point heads toward we GLUED to a doe they turn into the drive before I can get a clean shot. Advise drivers good buck heading back in. Buddy put one heck of a running shot on him and hits him just behind front shoulder. Really nice 8 point 100-110". Next drive 2 doe.
On way home thruway east Syracuse exit I see a GIANT walking in a developed area. I got off next exit, turned around headed west and then east again to pull over and watch him. As soon as I stop I see a doe stand up in the tall grass. Every move she made this buck would sprint and cut her off with his rack. He obviously was trying to keep her in this area away from other bucks. He was obviously tending or close too, as was 8 point on drive. That said, I saw the best rut action ive seen in my life. Was amazing. I think mr. Charles A. Early rut predictions where off this year
Old 11-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Spike

Hunted 4H opening day to Tuesday and it was very quite all around. Only saw three deer. Not many rubs either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.