Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Good SE Pa acorn drop! >

Good SE Pa acorn drop!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Good SE Pa acorn drop!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Good SE Pa acorn drop!

I've got 2 very large white oaks dropping acorns like crazy in one of my spots, I'll be there tonight trying to get a doe (doe only until the regular season opener). Anybody else seeing good acorn drop in their hunting area?
Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

A buddy of mine outside of Harrisburg said his tree were dropping acorns last week. I heard a few drop when I was hunting the opener this past Saturday. Almost mistook the doe behind me for acorns. Glad I looked back! One less deer in Montco now!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

i got huge acorns dropping all throughout where my stand is about 15 miles outside of pittsburgh. I don't really go out in the doe bowseason in my game management area. If i do its just to glass for bucks. I use my doe tags in gun, if i dont get a buck. Got do many hunters in my family for us each to take a buck+doe. Good luck to you!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Spike

Acorns are huge in southern Delaware this year and lots of em. But the deer are dropping like flies from bluetongue disease.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Not as many as I'd like to see up here in Mass. I guess anything could be an improvement from last year, there was NONE! Lets hope they start dropping like crazy!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Spike

We have a large percentage that are small, lack of water, but there are some good big ones mixed in. The deer are hitting them.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

Had 2 squirrels working the tree I sat in last Saturday. One would climb out on a high limb, and shake the acorns down to his buddy below. Didn't see a deer, but the rodents put on quite a show.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

Was in lower Lehigh County last week end mowing my Mother's lawn. It is loaded with acorns and they are big too. Surprised me because of the drought they had early on.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

South central PA, Franklin county is loaded with acorns. One best mast crops we have seen in years.
Deer seem to be spread out feeding on acorns, they are not in the local corn fields as much as early August.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Northumberland Co, PA also has acorns a plenty. I hate that. It make hunting so hard as the deer don't have to travel very far to fill their bellies. But the white oaks are dropping heavy this year and one of my stands is surrounded by white oaks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.