Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Maybe a Mountain Lion >

Maybe a Mountain Lion

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maybe a Mountain Lion

Old 09-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Spike

It looks more like a bobcat to me as well but I can certainly see why you are wondering.The head looks like it could be a mountain lion.It's too bad you don't have scale in the picture,so you could judge the size better.Also the tail would tell you everything you would need to know.
I saw a mountain lion 3 years ago in NY while bow hunting for deer.It was at dusk but it was close enough that I could clearly identify it.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Matzy17901
i live in pa and the pa game commission says a mountain lion hasn't been in pa in hundreds of years so...
So unless you're ready to accept a conspiracy theory, there's no reason to believe you've caught a pic of a mountain lion. Go with go with more rational explanation.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

i don't think thats a bobcat but who am i? im going with mountain lion... sounds more interesting.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Spike

Wow remind me not to hunt with some of you guys. Enlarge the pic clearly a big bobcat. Black tips on the ears the white patch as well.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Spike

Hmmm not to discredit what Dale said but I enlarged it and by the looks of the white underbelly and white markings on the face, its def a mountain lion. I did see the black around the ears but then again, everything around the ear is black 0.o
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't rule out the possible.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

The markings on the ears and side of the face do look like a mt. lion. But it is hard to tell for sure. The DNR tried to say there wren't any mt. lions in Indiana also. Until a few obvious trail cam pics and videos turned up. They then came clean & admitted to an experimenal release of a few cats in central IN to help control deer populations there. I believe it was around Kokomo, IN.

Turned out to be bad public relations not telling people there were big cats stalking the woods.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Buckhunter46755
Turned out to be bad public relations not telling people there were big cats stalking the woods.

Ya think! .
Old 12-02-2012, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tundra10
Ya think! .
lol... just sayin'...
Old 12-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Buckhunter46755
The markings on the ears and side of the face do look like a mt. lion. But it is hard to tell for sure. The DNR tried to say there wren't any mt. lions in Indiana also. Until a few obvious trail cam pics and videos turned up. They then came clean & admitted to an experimenal release of a few cats in central IN to help control deer populations there. I believe it was around Kokomo, IN.

The DNR admits to the presence of isolated individuals but states there is no breeding population in Indiana. They are ambivalent about their origins. But they state clearly that they have not been stocked. To quote them, "The Indiana Division of Fish and Wildlife has never stocked or released mountain lions in Indiana, nor does it plan to."

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files...nformation.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.