HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Any trail cams up and running? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/369505-any-trail-cams-up-running.html)

Beamer01 08-23-2012 08:36 PM

Any trail cams up and running?

Does anyone one else have their trail cams up and running? I have a few and deer are in their typical summer patterns. All bucks are still in velvet as of yesterday. In a forty acre area I have three seperate does on cam with their still spotted fawns. Two have singles and one has twins. Generally, I have only had one set each year in this area. I wonder if we are in for a population boom? Anyone else seeing any unique patterns or information on their areas herd?

PREDATE 08-24-2012 05:08 AM

I have bucks out of velvet. I have noticed more twins. I just wish we had last years apple crop! I've been hard pressed to find crab apples this year. My orchard is bare!!

Phil from Maine 08-24-2012 08:50 AM

I have 2 currently out but no bucks on either one. Actually one of them is not working proparly as I had some mineral and apples out. The apples have been aten and I recieved no pics from that one. That is a Wildgame Innovations trailcam, my other is a Stealth which has done great with does, bears, and moose. Just not seeing any bucks as of yet. I am thinking the moose are keeping the bucks away as I currently have videos of 5 different moose for sure and it is possable that it is actually 6 different ones. The biggest rack on them was videoed on June 29th with around 2 months more to grow I can hardly wait to see that monster again. I also will be setting my trail cam back to picture mode the next time I am in there.

Beamer01 08-24-2012 08:19 PM

Predate, you are right about the apples. I have a couple trees at the bottom of a runoff with some apples. The rest are completely bare.

951hunter 09-10-2012 03:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Looks like the bucks are tailing does already in 3k NY. Must be a bad winter coming. Also caught this bear.
can anyone tell tell if its the same deer. in pic 10 and 20/21. It looks like an 8 point.

massman 09-10-2012 03:58 PM

yup gettin deer and bear

3 Attachment(s)
heres a few pics from western massachusettes

Beamer01 09-10-2012 11:56 PM

Massman, I like the looks of that young buck. He looks to have good genetics and potential for a nice wide rack in a few years.

PREDATE 09-15-2012 03:00 AM

yes it's the same deer, probably bedding down 200yds away!

huntingkidPA 09-17-2012 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
these are some bucks i caught on cam in PA at my main archery stand. I saw these bucks traveling together all the time this summer. I figure the basket rack 10 is maybe 3 years old, and might score 125. The wide 10 i figure is about 2 years old tops. and might score 105-110. If i get a chance i dont think im passing on either. To much of a chance someone else will get them, or maybe even a car.

massman 09-22-2012 12:05 PM

nice bucks huntingkid