HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   The tide has turned today (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/36765-tide-has-turned-today.html)

wimp 09-05-2003 08:01 AM

The tide has turned today

Well guys, has anyone else noticed that " sense" in the air this morning, that fall is here. That morning where you walk outside and it just feels different, you guys surely know what I' m talking about. Another guy at work here noticed the same thing this morning(except his reasons were based on college football rather than hunting).
Its almost time people, I can' t wait.

Martin Cougar 09-05-2003 08:45 AM

RE: The tide has turned today

I felt it today too Wimp.

When that cool, crisp air hit me as I walked out the door - the first thing that I thought about was being up the treestand and my second thought was Steelers football!

jerseyhunter 09-05-2003 08:57 AM

I felt it today so thats why I' m at home now loading my van. Only 18 hours till I' m in my tree.:)

bigdog02 09-05-2003 10:04 AM

Yup I noticed it too, left the apt, and as soon as I set foot outside, I felt it too, and immediately thought about hunting :-)

Jason N 09-05-2003 10:59 AM

I got it here too. The ash are starting to turn and I' m getting anxious....scouting tonight is a big possibility. When the mornings staart to get a bit chilly the deer really start to move around it seems.....I love this time of year!:D;)[:-][:-][:-]

Split-Hoof 09-05-2003 05:00 PM

Up here in Maine the change happened a week or so ago. Had a few frosty mornings, and the trees are showing a change as well. The time is drawing near!

Matt / PA 09-05-2003 06:00 PM

That' s why I finally peeled myself away from the 3D target a few minutes ago.......I just couldn' t stop shooting. (pretty little groups too!;))One of those evenings where the arrows seemed like they had a mind of their own......a mind that says kill.......kill........kill.
A few times I caught myself muttering " Top of the Heart" :)

445 supermag 09-05-2003 08:47 PM

What do you mean its almost time, it IS time my opener is tomorrow. :D Well speaking of that I got to try to get some sleep for tomorrows opener;).

Thats if I can sleep:D

Brian

Split-Hoof 09-05-2003 10:46 PM

445 you are making me jealous!! I still have almost 2 months to wait :(. At least I only have to wait a little over 3 weeks before grouse season starts.....sort of an appetizer as well as a good time to do some scouting. Hope I' m up and walking again by then........I get my cast off on the 25th of this month. Good Luck to all of you NJ hunters!

DoubleLung55 09-06-2003 10:41 AM

YES!!! i noticed it dove hunting thursday after school , that the woods were just so crisp , and the smells of apples rotting and the oak trees . Also going to the bus stop friday morning it was chilly out , when i opened my door and got hit with that cold air and saw my breath i loved it. Also it stayed kinda cool all of yesterday , and it was a great night for HS football. But it is here , and i cant wait.