Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
New Hampshire Moose Results Posted >

New Hampshire Moose Results Posted

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Hampshire Moose Results Posted

Old 07-02-2012, 06:37 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Mollidegwock Campground closes October 8th, but they don't have electric nor showers, and charge $21/nite so there's nothing there for me. I can find a stream next to a road and camp on timber property for the same ameneties.

Just getting started researching.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:56 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by MKMGOBL
Sent you a message zim plus I put up a post on my new forum asking for help.

Good move. That's where I saw Zim's stroke of good luck and came here to say congrats and offer to share some C-2 info.

Sometimes this internet stuff is pretty good.

- Jay
Old 07-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hurricane1
Good move. That's where I saw Zim's stroke of good luck and came here to say congrats and offer to share some C-2 info.

Sometimes this internet stuff is pretty good.

- Jay
Hopefully we can help make his trip to NH a successful one
Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Just got confimation Lake Umbagog is staying open for camping this year for moose hunting season. A bit pricey but they do have electric which will get me heat and light. They said maybe even showers if frost is not too bad. So looks like that will be home for 3 weeks. Just 5 miles from Errol where there will be supplies and wifi.

Collecting some good pre-scouting info.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Zim
Just got confimation Lake Umbagog is staying open for camping this year for moose hunting season. A bit pricey but they do have electric which will get me heat and light. They said maybe even showers if frost is not too bad. So looks like that will be home for 3 weeks. Just 5 miles from Errol where there will be supplies and wifi.

Collecting some good pre-scouting info.
Zim,

There ain't just supplies in Erroll, there's http://www.llcote.com/index.html

Hard to stump those boys when you need sumpthin.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Ya I have heard that's a pretty big outfit considering the rural location. I called them a while back and they were too busy to talk with me, but I guess that's a good thing. Checked on Bing Maps and looked like the biggest bulding in town.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any success?
Old 10-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Attached are photos of my New Hampshire bull moose taken October 27th near town of Berlin.

Bull has 20 points, weighed 780#, with a rack width of 53 1/4". This moose will score in the top 5% size wise in the state of New Hampshire for 2012. Only one bull wider than 53 1/4" was taken in my unit C2 all of last year. I spent 8 days of scouting, and 7 days hunting. The first 6 days hunting produced very few sightings. I had only passed on one small bull up to that time. We decided to shift gears and abandon my scouted land. Instead went around looking for new timber cuts. Came across a timber cutter Harold. Super nice guy who gave us a few specific suggestions where he had seen moose. He claimed I would have my bull within the next 3 days. It only took me 1.

On Saturday I got up early and made the 45 minute drive there from camp. Was extremely foggy. Could only see 40 yards at sunrise. Finally cleared enough to creep down the ridge glassing as I went. From this ridge I could glass 200 yards on either side on the basin. Very beautiful terrain. Heard some clicking of antlers, hunkered down and spotted a small bull. Given there was only one day left to hunt, I was planning on taking anything. Put my rifle crosshairs on the tiny bull and clicked the safety. Started squeezing the trigger when I heard additional tickling of antlers by another bull just to the right of the first one. Eased up and decided to gamble. Let the small bull walk, hoping I was doing the right thing. I grunted a bit, then after 15 minutes decided to try a stalk to view the other bull. Stood and snuck up downwind slowly through the fog. There he was, king of the timber, 60 yards away, flashing his rack. Seemed like a mirage after 15 days of no big bull sightings. Settled in shooting sticks slowly as bull watched me. Touched off trigger and bull dropped right in his tracks. After a long day and numerous obstacles, we got him out and on the trailer. Then we got 2 hours sleep and took him to the check station in West Milan. From there we drove down to my hunting partner's home in Shapleigh, Maine, where I am now. We spent all today prepping meat for my return drive to St. Charles tomorrow. Hope hurricane remnants subside for my drive.

We were extremely lucky to take a moose of this caliber. Thanks much to fellow Huntingnet member Jay English (hurricane1) for accompanying me on this hunt! I met him right here on this thread. He helped scout, locate logger, brought trailer for hauling, and used his garage for butchering. Huge help. A total team effort.

Last edited by Zim; 01-15-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default New Hampshire Zone C2 Moose

New Hampshire zone C2 moose.
Attached Thumbnails New Hampshire Moose Results Posted-dscn4641.jpg   New Hampshire Moose Results Posted-dscn1609.jpg   New Hampshire Moose Results Posted-dscn1621.jpg  
Old 10-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default More C2 moose images

More C2 moose images.
Attached Thumbnails New Hampshire Moose Results Posted-dscn1612.jpg   New Hampshire Moose Results Posted-dscn1649.jpg   New Hampshire Moose Results Posted-dscn1655.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.