HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   What are you doing about Pa' s FO Proposal? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/36277-what-you-doing-about-pa-s-fo-proposal.html)

chilly 08-28-2003 06:29 PM

What are you doing about Pa' s FO Proposal?

I' ve seen a lot of posts in disgust of the proposed fluorescent orange proposal in Pa., but how many of you are actually doing something about it? Like signing petitions or writing the PGC Board in opposition to it. Believe it or not, they are influenced by what we have to say!!

PA Hardwoods 08-29-2003 05:56 AM

RE: What are you doing about Pa' s FO Proposal?

I have signed a petition put out by the NWTF and I have sent a letter to the Game Commission I personally believe this is one reg proposal that is going to blow up in their face.

Martin Cougar 08-29-2003 06:17 AM

I' ve written letters and e-mailed my thoughts to the PGC.

Jason N 08-29-2003 07:42 AM

I wrote a letter to the commisioners as well.

PABowhntr 08-29-2003 10:44 AM

I signed a petition at the local club.

Here is another suggestion though. Why doesn' t somebody start a thread on here and anyone who wants to " sign it" to signify that they are against the new proposal can do so. Then the thread can be printed out and sent to the PGC. They did it over on hunting PA...maybe we should do it here as well.

PA Hardwoods 08-29-2003 11:10 AM

Sounds like a great Idea to me PABowhntr. This proposal is just a money making/harrasment scheme on the part of the game commission. And we all need to stand up and let the commission know our displeasure with this. Whats next after this passes? Maybe they' ll have us all wear locater beacons so they can tell where we are at all times or have us all wear strobe lights in the woods. This is a slippery slope we' re going down and if this passes who knows what' s next.

10 POINT TONY 08-29-2003 06:42 PM

good idea pabowhnter. i' m sure a lot of guys would sign.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-31-2003 10:39 AM

I' m carrying a petition put out for the NWTF and another for the UBP and having fellow hunters that I meet on my job to sign the petition and then turning them in once full. Also, if you haven' t already, join your local chapters of the NWTF and UBP to help the cause. If you only signing or doing nothing at all, your sitting back allowing it to happen. Make a difference every way you can or don' t whine later.

whelen36 09-01-2003 02:36 PM

i' ll sign your thread ,

and are there any petitions out here in my area to sign ?