Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Sunday Hunting is DE >

Sunday Hunting is DE

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday Hunting is DE

Old 03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Yellowsnow
Yeah cause, tradition is so lame and irrelevant.
Basically, yeah, especially these old "blue laws". You can buy beer, shop, work, gamble on a Sunday, but not hunt????
Old 03-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

NAIL'D IT....they made is LEGAL to buy booze on Sunday here in DE....BUT I still cant take my son or dughter huntin with me on a Sunday...hmmm...blue laws and tradition..... my bung hole
Old 03-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Spike

Thanks for proving my point for me guys.

Without knowing specifics of Delaware laws I cannot give specific answers on what would be good for Delaware. Here in PA you can hunt Sunday. Go hunting and enjoy it. It's not enough for the Greedy entitlement craving hunters. They have have to hunt deer on sunday.

Take it to court please. It will fail in the long run and stir up a hornets nest in the process.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Yellowsnow
Thanks for proving my point for me guys.

Without knowing specifics of Delaware laws I cannot give specific answers on what would be good for Delaware. Here in PA you can hunt Sunday. Go hunting and enjoy it. It's not enough for the Greedy entitlement craving hunters. They have have to hunt deer on sunday.

Take it to court please. It will fail in the long run and stir up a hornets nest in the process.
No, actually, enjoy it while it lasts. Like all blue laws, it will change. The old mentality will eventually die off, just a matter of time.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah cause, tradition is so lame and irrelevent.
We had a tradition of slavery and treating women like a second class citizens. And like those traditions they are outdated too!

Last edited by stapher1; 03-23-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tundra10
What makes the desire to hunt on a Sunday a pursuit driven by greed?
Still waiting....
Old 03-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by stapher1
We had a tradition of slavery and treating women like a second class citizens. And like those traditions they are outdated too!
Nice try...

Originally Posted by Tundra10
Still waiting....
If you're still waiting then you're not looking hard enough.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

Yellowsnow...I dont want to hunt on Sunday in anyway shape or form based on greed....just to be sure you understand that.

I DO want to hunt on Sunday because I work about 10-12 hours a day and Sat is the only legal weekend day here in DE to hunt...and its the ONLY Blue Law left....seems to me that I would have been able to HUNT before I would be able to buy BEER on a Sunday....we have moved "forward" in DE....but not on hunting.

Last edited by djdkman; 03-23-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: made an oopsie
Old 03-24-2012, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

A truly greedy person would just shoot a deer whenever he felt like it, regardless of what the law dictates.

I don't see the argument being about greed or entitlement, unless it's on the part of hunters who don't want someone else getting a crack at "their" deer. More often than not, I come back from the woods empty-handed, and no doubt this will be the case on Sundays too.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Uncle Nicky
A truly greedy person would just shoot a deer whenever he felt like it, regardless of what the law dictates.

I don't see the argument being about greed or entitlement, unless it's on the part of hunters who don't want someone else getting a crack at "their" deer. More often than not, I come back from the woods empty-handed, and no doubt this will be the case on Sundays too.
It is a form of greed and entitlement. Nothing real bad and I certainly don't blame anyone for wanting another day to hunt. Feeling you should have Sunday's to hunt because you work all week is greed and entitlement in a nutshell. Instead of blaming others or laws, why not look at yourself? Change your lifestyle so you have more hunting opportunities. Life is what we make it and I do not subscribe to the "Poor Me" end of things.

You live in PA, you can hunt on Sundays. Go enjoy it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.