Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Doe Liscence Fiasco!!! >

PA Doe Liscence Fiasco!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Doe Liscence Fiasco!!!

Old 08-26-2003, 05:48 PM

Default RE: PA Doe Liscence Fiasco!!!

i just moved to PA from NJ last year. this is my first time applying for a doe license in PA. i applied for 3D and i saw that my check was cashed yesterday, does this mean i got my doe license? this may be the stupidest questioned asked on this board but i' m just so excited for hunting season that i need to know asap!!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes if they cashed your check that means you followed the many rules correctly and you will get it in the mail someday between now and..january lol...ive never heard of them not having them out before october but some do take their good ole time...and hale....i do agree with you...it really does need to be simplified.....if you happen to mess up one of like 10 rules your chance is blown....then unless you call you dont find out for a while to send it back in!!!...but thats probally one of the best ways to do it so its first come first serve and mailing back is simple and everything.....
Old 08-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeh, but what happens when they issue all the allocated permits and your stuck holding the bag.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:06 AM

Gee, now I understand why they need to simplify the FO regulations. If you guys can' t follow the directions for an anterless application then you surely can' t look at the pictures in the hunters digest and figure out how much FO you need to wear.

Heck, there' s even a check list on the envelope for you to follow.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

T_in_PA, I don' t think the application process is that difficult. The fact that there is a checklist should be an indication that it is a PROCESS. The system should be removed entirely form the county government as it is no longer regulated by county. The turn time to receive the tags is rediculous in my opinion. I send it in at the beginning of August, and don' t ever receive a tag until the 3rd week of September because the county treasurers wait until the last minute to put them in the mail....at least around here. Personally, since we have a drastic over population of does, I think we should get a doe tag with our license. Not real sure how they' d issue them for different areas, but I think it' s an idea that should be explored.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

T in PA2,

I am glad to hear your earlier comments as I did follow all of the directions and hope to receive both of my doe tags in the near future.

As for the FO requirements, well, that is one of the few issues that really actually get to me on a personal level. It shouldn' t but it does.

The solution would be rather simple actually. Don' t overlap any seasons in October with archery. No overlap, no orange. See simple.

Old 08-27-2003, 08:02 AM

Why do you need it any earlier than late September? You can' t hunt then anyhow.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:04 AM

As for the FO requirements, well, that is one of the few issues that really actually get to me on a personal level. It shouldn' t but it does.
Me too. I' m an archery hunter and a flintlock hunter. I just can' t see hunting the late season with FO orange. It just doesn' t mix well with the buckskins.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh, I agree totally. It would just clash miserably.

Why do you need it any earlier than late September?
I am assuming you mean the tags? If so, then, yes, you are totally right....and I have no problem receiving them whenever they get to me. Maybe you read too much into my comment about the " near future" . I just meant sometime in the next few weeks. No biggie on that point.

I would chalk most of the comments on this thread up to fear and anxiety because of the new system. Anytime that we are forced to embrance something new and " unknown" then there is going to be some apprehension.

Next year, if it is the same process, I am sure things will be looked upon differently.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:31 AM

Why do you need it any earlier than late September?
Was from Jason' s post. He was complaining about not receiving them till the third week of September.

Quick Reply: PA Doe Liscence Fiasco!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.