Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Sunday hunting in pa. >

Sunday hunting in pa.

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday hunting in pa.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

gas drilling in pa is starting to ruin our hunting areas.
with lack of deer on publicland and lack of land now do to gas drilling,private areas that have deer[farms etc] are going or are going to be place to get a deer.
FARMERS see that. years ago with lots of deer on publicland,no one cared.
you could get deer in your yard.
farmers dont need much of excuse to close their land for good and charge to hunt.sunday hunting could be nail in coffin here in pa.

this would chase the hunters to publicland to hunt or give it up.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

You can't use "foreign" farmers to debate this discussion. The Pa. Farmers have already spoken on this issue and there are a majority against Sunday hunting. I went for years with only 2 days to hunt buck and none for doe. I was overseas and missed hunting completely quite a few years. I think there are enough people getting special privileges in this state when it comes to hunting. I don't think the farmers should get the #$%^ end of the stick to make a couple hunters happy.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

i was at meeting with a lot of hunters recently.
i thought,lets see where ones that want SUNDAY HUNTING stand if i would i agree to have sunday hunting.
do to lack of deer in pa do to doe slaughter i said,GUYS I WILL GO ALONG WITH SUNDAY HUNTING IF IT IS ONLY FOR BUCK.
no doe killing .
well, you should have seen faces on those folks.they said,SPROUL I WANT MEAT ,I WANT TO FILL FREEZER AND I WANT MY 4YR ,5 YR AND 6 YR OLD KIDS TO FILL FREEZER WITH DOE.
hell with horns,you cant eat them.

there is your new sunday hunters..........
Old 03-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
Them's the same hunters that took all the tags and filled as many as possible over the HR years.

The Sunday population will be the same hunters that hunt Days 1-6 now.

I support increased Sunday hunting.

I don't support HR/AR/QDMA , etc.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

Sunday hunting is herd reduction. That is how the Game Commission works. When it was a 3 day doe season and the weather was really bad one of the days, another day was added. The areas that are hurting for deer have gotten their doe hunting days restricted. You can not come up with an argument against that, those are facts. The Game Commission adds and reduces hunting days to control deer numbers. An added day (Sunday hunting) is herd reduction. The amount of tags issued means nothing. Unlimited tags did nothing around here until they went to an extended doe season (5-C). This year there were thousands of tags left over in 5-C. I remember the "bonus-bonus" tag years. It did not really affect anything in 3 days. The 2 week season was a slaughter.

Last edited by Gunplummer; 03-06-2012 at 05:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

Old 03-07-2012, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Non-resident hunting in PA

I plan to be hunting on the first Monday, through Tuesday and Thursday, if necessary, and long gone by the time the first Sunday occurs, hunting or no hunting.

There is only one Sunday during firearms season, so I accept what is and make no fuss about what isn't. Plus I'm a lone hunter, not restricted to the same 50 acres. And there is enough public land, wisely chosen, where I don't have to worry about leasing fees.

The benefits of knowing, I imagine, that I'm a non-resident.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stapher1

The horse has NOT been pronounced dead yet.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Tundra10
Them's the same hunters that took all the tags and filled as many as possible over the HR years.

The Sunday population will be the same hunters that hunt Days 1-6 now.

I support increased Sunday hunting.

I don't support HR/AR/QDMA , etc.
Finally! somebody with some good ole "common sense" speaks up!

There would be no sunday hunting issues expressed if it were not for the greedy hunters that went ape$%!t when Hr started,,,The hunters that went out and bought up every tag they were able to get their hands on and then commenced with slaughtering every deer they laid their eyes on are the ones at fault with ruining the tradition of hunting in Pa. And i would imagine that those same guys are the ones opposing sunday hunting now and starting these rediculous threads on hunting forums across the web. I for one am extremely horrified by the idea that im told that I can not hunt on Sunday for any reason,,,I am a 45 year old adult that has worked and paid my fair share of taxes my whole life, and i can find not 1 good reason that if I so desire to go out on my own land,,or someone elses land that i have permission to hunt on, and take a deer that somehow it may be wrong. To be honest,,,,there would be very few sundays that i would hunt because im too busy butchering the deer that I shot earlier in the week,,,but it still bothers me that because a few hunters(the greedy) could not put limitations on themselves and destroyed the very future of hunting in Pa. that i also have to pay the price!
Im of the opinion if you dont want to hunt on sunday,,,dont do it,,,,but dont also restrict me from hunting because you have some convaluted ideal of what i should be doing!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
i was at meeting with a lot of hunters recently.
i thought,lets see where ones that want SUNDAY HUNTING stand if i would i agree to have sunday hunting.
do to lack of deer in pa do to doe slaughter i said,GUYS I WILL GO ALONG WITH SUNDAY HUNTING IF IT IS ONLY FOR BUCK.
no doe killing .
well, you should have seen faces on those folks.they said,SPROUL I WANT MEAT ,I WANT TO FILL FREEZER AND I WANT MY 4YR ,5 YR AND 6 YR OLD KIDS TO FILL FREEZER WITH DOE.
hell with horns,you cant eat them.

Sproul???? what??? like do what,,,really?????? what are you tal;king about here,,,what kind of meeting was this that you were attending?? Crack heads anonymous????? what kind of a man has such low self esteem and such low expectations of his 4,,5,,and 6 yr.old child that he wants them to shoot a doe,,as a matter of fact,,,forget that last question,,,what guy is taking a 4 yr old out hunting,,,as a matter of fact,,,forget that question too,,,,i took my son with me when he was 4 yrs old,,,just forget i even asked!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.