Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Sunday hunting in pa. >

Sunday hunting in pa.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday hunting in pa.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanks guys for keeping this topic proper.this is what i like about this forum, MOST TALK AND ARE NOT IGNORANT.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Yellowsnow
Sunday hunting is not allowed and has not been allowed regardless of species. The ones pushing for Sunday hunting are Deer hunters, may hunt other stuff as well, but the argument is about deer hunting, and the burden of proof falls on them. they need to prove Sunday hunting will be better for the sport and teh state. The same people pushing this would blow a gasket if a trial period of rabbit were allowed on Sunday.

I don't listen to the Land Owner argument. I am in the tradition camp. I also understand that hunters in PA are in the Minority of the population. The Majority of the population still pays taxes. taxes that go to fund our State Parks. Tax dollars are not funding private land. The hippie chick in Pittsburgh with here poodle has as much say in State Park use as I do with my Setter.

Difference is, non-hunters have been content with hunting as long as they have Sunday to run their fat labs. Now we want to take that for ourselves as well. it is not going to end well for hunters in the long run.

That is why the Private Land is the basis of compromise. We should just leave well enough alone.
you are right.if we ever piss off the non hunters with fat labs,ha because we want to hog all 7 days of week to kill ,it could be end to what hunting we have left.
forget sunday hunting and lets all find ways to get our game commmissions to BRING BACK DEER ,not see more killed off.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

As money hungry as the Game Commission is, even they don't want Sunday hunting. The GC can already see what will happen with a lot of their farm CO-OPs because the farmers have already spoken out against Sunday hunting. There is no reason to have it and a lot not to have it. Seems like a pretty simple choice.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Like every other Blue Law that goes away, eventually it will come down to an issue of money and lost revenues, and will be done away with. Sadly, not this time around, maybe next.

I love the argument that farmers will post their land...some will, for a while. Then they will be looking for someone to help with damage control, an idle threat to shake up the fearful.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
have lived around these farmers most of my 51 years, once they post it only thing that will change it is if they die, they have help with damage control, they shoot them by the thousands in the summer on damage permits, its not an arguement, it is a fact. play your fiddle on another corner, I've saw what happens, all your whining will not change it.
RR

Nice try, but there are farmers in the other 44 states that allow some form of Sunday hunting. Nobody from those states is on here whining that they don't want Sunday hunting.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

I heard you the first time, what I'm saying is that maybe that's the case where you live.

I remember all of this when New York went to Sunday hunting, all the same arguments, all the same fears, everyone projecting how the farmers would close everything down, how nobody would go to church anymore on Sunday...all turned out to be false. The deer herd is doing fine there, and they have a 3 week gun season (compared to 2 in PA).

For what it's worth, the biggest whiners I've seen so far are those who say they see no deer or are against Sunday hunting. I don't let a stranger dictate where I hunt...I do hunt public land, it's not as hard as you seem to think, and if I want to hunt on Sunday, I'll drive to another state.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not against sunday hunting, I don't do it but it makes no difference to me, unless its my land, then I should have some say in it.
Absolutely right, no reason why anyone who owns land should not be making the rules and denying access to anyone who doesn't want to follow them.

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but if I was a farmer/landowner, and I really felt that strongly against Sunday hunting, why not make that a condition of hunting your property? No Sunday hunting your farm, Monday-Saturday only.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Uncle Nicky
Absolutely right, no reason why anyone who owns land should not be making the rules and denying access to anyone who doesn't want to follow them.

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but if I was a farmer/landowner, and I really felt that strongly against Sunday hunting, why not make that a condition of hunting your property? No Sunday hunting your farm, Monday-Saturday only.
do to lack of deer in pa on publicland now,FARMERS DONT NEED MUCH OF EXCUSE TO CLOSE THEIR LAND ALL 7 DAYS OF WEEK.
they are seeing dollar signs now.
i see it in a lot of states now,land that used to be open is now closed and you pay to hunt.

years ago it was not necessary to hunt on privateland here in pa.NOW with doe killing, its headed that way.
SUNDAY HUNTING and lack of deer on publicland ,just may cause farmers to not allow hunting at all UNLESS you pay.

this could cause THOUSANDS of hunters to head to publicland or give it up or go pay.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

I do think that is the direction that hunting is headed. Owners see $$$ and close their land. Where I hunt, even just ten years ago, farmers had signs up during season welcoming hunters and showing where to park. Now a lot of the same farms are posted and you gotta get permission. Getting permission is fine, but it's not what it used to be.
-Jake
Old 02-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Spike

Default Sunday hunting

I live in Md. I love the fact that I can finally hunt deer on sunday..... I have lived here for 16 years coming from the Midwest where Sunday hunting has been allowed as long as I can remember, but i dont ever and even now . recall any of the issues that I have read here. my area that I hunt no one seems to care and I know businesses like it because of the money spent. I know Pennsylvanians hunt land near me on Sundays. We may be getting turkey hunting on Sunday in Dorchester county !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.