HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   New Pa. Game law (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/356257-new-pa-game-law.html)

stapher1 12-30-2011 06:20 PM

New Pa. Game law

GAME COMMISSION APPLAUDS REPEAL OF LICENSE DISPLAY REQUIREMENT
New law takes effect on Feb. 13

HARRISBURG – Pennsylvania Game Commission Executive Director Carl G. Roe today applauded the enactment of legislation that will remove the requirement for hunters and trappers to display their licenses on an outer garment. The law takes effect in 60 days.
House Bill 735, sponsored by Rep. Keith Gillespie (R-York), was unanimously approved by the House on June 15, and was approved by a vote of 46-3 in the Senate. Gov. Tom Corbett signed the bill into law today, which will take effect on Feb. 13.
“Since 2003, the Game Commission has been supporting various drafts of legislation sponsored by Rep. Gillespie and Rep. Neal Goodman (D-Schuylkill) to remove this antiquated requirement,” Roe said. “With today’s new license format, this change in law will make hunting less complicated, improve license management by hunters and trappers, and limit the inconveniences and troubles associated with lost or misplaced licenses.
“While we are pleased with the change in law, it is important to remember that the new law doesn’t take effect for 60 days. So, hunters and trappers will need to continue to wear their licenses on an outer garment until Feb. 13.”

bronko22000 01-01-2012 11:45 AM

That was a dumb law anyway. There are not many states that require you to display your license. And it is much easier to lose when you must display it. I lost 2 so far. And I went hunting a couple times without it when I switched coats. Best to just keep it in your wallet.

stapher1 01-01-2012 04:22 PM

Agreed, they're so small you can't read them anyways unless your right next to the person.

Gunplummer 01-03-2012 05:01 AM

That was over due. A couple times I was out all day with the wrong area doe tag on. Once I was hunting and found one. It turned out it was mine. I had hunted twice with out it and never knew I lost it. I won't carry a wallet either because I lost one once. I just carry copies of some I.D. If they are really interested they can follow me back to my truck to look at the real thing.

Terasec 01-03-2012 05:29 AM

will have to wait and see if this is good or bad,
if PGC now stops every tom dick and harry to check their license i would rather wear my tag.
when fishing i often see officials checking people out with binoculars.
i would rather have them check me out from a distance,
and if they cant see what they are looking for or have questions then approach me,
wearing a tag is no big deal,
+25 yrs fishing, 15 yrs hunting never had a problem with a lost tag,
have more of a problem losing it at home than in the field :)