Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Need Help

Old 11-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Spike

Unhappy Need Help

Shot a Doe yesterday around 8am @ 18 yards, heard a loud thud after i shot. I know i hit her, but didnt find arrow or blood at site of impact. My and my 2 buddies looked all day yesterday and today with no results. Sick to my stomach about not finding her. Any suggestions what could have happened? did i hit bone and if so, will she survive?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you could have hit a leg or possibly went in but hit a bone or ? and never exited out .
Sometimes a arrow that doesnt go thru will actualy pug the hole and it may not bleed or show any signs of blood for a while .
What weight are you drawing and what broadheads ??
Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Spike

Wicked Ridge Crossbow, with Rage broadheads
Old 11-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like for as close as it was and being 8 am, plenty light enough, you should have seen where it was hit. Sounds like shoulder shot, but you would have saw that.