Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
All PA hunters, urgent >

All PA hunters, urgent

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

All PA hunters, urgent

Old 11-17-2011, 01:11 AM
Fork Horn

For the guys that are worried about the numbers and wiping out the deer; what would an extra day hurt if there aren't any deer to shoot the other six days anyway? Think about it, if your saying you don't see deer and there's few left how would anyone stack them up on sunday? Also a lot of guys would like to do small game hunting on sunday not just wipe out the deer. My thoughts you will never wipe out the deer. Certain areas fewer deer I understand, but there is so much private property and unhuntable ground that deer congregate to and reproduce, it would be impossible. Ok hammer me now.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

This was an interesting thread for this Texas boy to read. Very interesting view points. Well I am going to drop out now and go back to spectating.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

To Terasec and Countertop,

Since I do not believe in political correctness, I say what I mean and mean what I say.

Yes, I really feel that way. I am completely unconcerned with any religious aspect of this. I may be the least religious person you know!

Last edited by Big Bullets; 11-22-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Spike

I would love to have the opportunity to hunt on Sunday, after church. I see it as a huge benefit for all us m-f 9-5 folks who have a hard time getting off for the open days. It took me almost 15 years with my company until I had the seniority to request off the first three days.

To have the opportunity to hunt Sunday would be a huge benefit to me. I'm a picky hunter. I won't take a young deer or and will pass on a young 8pt buck without thinking twice. Having that extra day would benefit me.

On the flip side....I understand the need for the non hunter hikers/dog walkers to be able to enjoy the outdoors without the fear of being blasted at.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

I call BS on the hikers and bird watchers, etc. They can wear blaze orange hats for the 6 or 8 Sundays that would be open to hunting.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default On the soap box..here we go

I was involved years ago trying to get VA Sunday hunting and all I heard was Sunday is a day of worship...OK I believe in GOD also and I thank him every day so....do we delete the rest of the week for hunting?
Let’s look at some plain ol' facts
Many different sports are played on Sunday..Hunting is a sport so that’s being prejudice against hunting…plain and simple
Dog walkers you’re kidding me right? How is it you can walk your dog and other day and its not a problem? But Sunday “should just be for you” your prejudice and selfish ( i have owned 5 different sporting dogs so I love dogs too)
Bird watchers…how we missed this one I’ll never know …the only day birds are out is Sunday? You just don’t want to share the woods or are you prejudice also?
You see its real simple, people that don’t want hunting on Sunday “Don’t like it…period “or they are selfish and think there is a "day just for them” There is nothing else to understand and until you get those prejudice people and selfish people to change their mind we loose. They do not want to give up "what they have" and that is not allowing anyone to hunt on Sunday's
Old 12-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

In my opinion, if Sunday hunting in PA ever has a chance, they should push for it on private property and not state game lands.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

Moved from PA to IL about 13 years ago... the only detriment I can tell you from experience is that I do less winter fishing since I can hunt on Sundays...LOL
Old 12-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Spike

"For the guys that are worried about the numbers and wiping out the deer; what would an extra day hurt if there aren't any deer to shoot the other six days anyway? Think about it, if your saying you don't see deer and there's few left how would anyone stack them up on sunday?"

Oh whatever are the idiot hunters thinking? If they feel there are too few deer as it is, certainly they should support FEWER. lol. Gotta love the internet.

" Also a lot of guys would like to do small game hunting on sunday not just wipe out the deer. "

PGc wants it for deer. Its been stated by past commissioners and asked for by dcnr FOR DEER. And as history has shown, where deer are concerned, dcnr gets what dcnr wants.

"My thoughts you will never wipe out the deer."

DO they have to be "wiped out" before it effects satisfaction? So if someone asks a hunter if they want a completey appropriate 25 or 30 dpsm for an area, or 9, they should just say, I dont care...whatever? Unreal.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Spike

By the way the PGC can't make this happen, it's the state legislature.
Youre wrong. There is a reason why this is being pushed so hard NOW as opposed to 5, 10 or 20 years ago. Pgc is ready for the next steps in their antideer management plan. They are pushing for this as is their puppet master dcnr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.