Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
All PA hunters, urgent >

All PA hunters, urgent

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

All PA hunters, urgent

Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Terasec
not to mention on their supposed day of rest
dog runners are allowed to run them to exhaustion,
Indeed! And not just the deer, but the foxes too!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Every argument I've heard against Sunday hunting has absoulutely no merit nor is it based on any statistical data. They are solely base on personal opinion. Those that are opposed to it for safety's sake are just blowing smoke. They stand a better chance of getting injured going golfing than a walk in the woods with hunters present. As for the private property aspect. Hell yes, deer know areas where there is no pressure. They will flock to posted land. Then that landowner is crying because he has too much crop damage or the deer are eating his wife's flowers and want the PGC to do something about them, etc, etc, etc.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
I worked with a couple guys with your mentality.
My mentality is to fix and ONLY fix the units that need it....it's childish i guess.

Stapher1 -The deer are different where we hunt. I don't know what kind of country club you hunt but it tells me what a BS artist you are.
What is my BS story? Is it western pa's harvests are some of the highest and still produce big bucks year after year and the herd numbers are still strong, even with 2 state owned properties in it.
I hunt a wood lot in 2D, i can't help help that your in gamehog central. I've read the 'facts' on the posted link, you want to back to the old managment system of "it's brown it's down"? Tactics that are supported by old school slob hunters or meat hunters. Not by guys (like me) that want a balance between deer and the caring capacity of the forest. It's funny that the bucks in and around 2D being harvested are bigger every year but your still having problems, which I won't argue that some WMU's were over harvested but it goes back to FIX ONLY THE UNITS THAT NEED IT!

Last edited by stapher1; 11-07-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, fix only what needs fixing is childish. It is exactly what the 5-C crowd used to say. In the beginning their hunting place did not need fixing, but they soon "fixed" that. All of them were for Sunday hunting and insisted that all hunters should stick together on that point. They were divided on the crossbow vote. The bow hunters thought it was the end of the world, and the gun hunters were all for it. I thought it strange they all didn't want to stick together for the good of the sport. Every time the Game Commission passes a new law to make deer hunting easier for the lazy and casual hunters the deer herd takes a beating. Where I hunt, the herd is just starting to recover from the early muzzle loader season. Early in-line season? Oh boy! Easy way to kill a deer! The in-lines were flying off the shelves at Cabela's. Where I hunt it is not overrun with deer but if you hunt hard and get lucky you will see deer. The good thing is the low deer herds keeps most early loader hunters off the mountain. Yeah, we really need Sunday hunting up there.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every time the Game Commission passes a new law to make deer hunting easier for the lazy and casual hunters the deer herd takes a beating.
How would Sunday hunting make deer hunting easier?

By the way the PGC can't make this happen, it's the state legislature.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

It does not matter if it is the State Legislature or the Game Commission. I doubt anything will be passed without Game Commission input. I really don't know where the Game Commission stands on it. I heard they were worried about the Farm CO-OP land access problems that might be caused by Sunday hunting. Just like extending Bowhunting into the rut years ago and starting an early muzzleloader season, Sunday hunting will attract people into the sport that really don't care and it will be another deer herd slaughter. Most of the other states I have hunted in that have Sunday hunting limit it to private property. It might be easier to pass that. If you want to destroy your hunting area that would be up to you.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

Here is a Very thorough examination of all the foreseeable effects sunday hunting has on the wildlife, the landowners, the economy and much more. GunPlummer read page 45 and 46 which relates directly to your concern of killing off all the deer. Both WV and OH state their has been no detrimental effect to their wildlife management programs. Funny how both states have Sunday hunting opportunities and yet you always find more deer in either of these states than you will in the average Pa woods. And furthermore I can kill 6 deer in Ohio every year, but I don't... not because I can't but rather because I only kill what my family can eat.

http://lbfc.legis.state.pa.us/factsh...%20Hunting.pdf

Oh, Btw Logical thinking implies having the ability to reason. Deer do not have the ability to rationalize. A deer's degree of intelligence is based upon a conditioned response to varying stimulus. Their problem solving abilities do not extended much further than being able to eat, breed and find cover which is basic instinctive survival not logical thought. I never said deer don't think, however their thought process is much simpler than what is necessary in order for them to understand that after every 6th day of hunting they can then relax because the hunters are not allowed to hunt on sunday.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

I have hunted West Virginia for about 20 years. I did not read the new laws yet, but so far there has been Sunday hunting only on private property. As far as deer kill goes, it is way down compared to when I started hunting there. You can twist it anyway you want but you are absolutely wrong. All deer are taken to a check station and the DNR reports the numbers, even separating the reports for each Gamelands. A big argument for Sunday hunting has always been, "other states around us do it". It seems nobody wants to check and see if it is restricted to private property. The other big argument is "No impact on the management program". Seems as if the program is to wipe them out on public land. Trust the word of a Biologist? You mean the ones that laughed at real hunters that have said for years that deer and some other animals can see and detect colors. I don't think so.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I look forward to increased Sunday hunting opportunities.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

It does not matter if it is the State Legislature or the Game Commission. I doubt anything will be passed without Game Commission input. I really don't know where the Game Commission stands on it. I heard they were worried about the Farm CO-OP land access problems that might be caused by Sunday hunting. Just like extending Bowhunting into the rut years ago and starting an early muzzleloader season, Sunday hunting will attract people into the sport that really don't care and it will be another deer herd slaughter. Most of the other states I have hunted in that have Sunday hunting limit it to private property. It might be easier to pass that. If you want to destroy your hunting area that would be up to you.
no doubt more will hunt if sunday is allowed.I DONT WANT TO SEE THAT ALSO.
we just dont have deer here in wmu2g to support more hunters after few deer we have left.
call me greedy on that but i dont want to see more hunters in woods after few deer we have left here in wmu2g.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.