Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
All PA hunters, urgent >

All PA hunters, urgent

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

All PA hunters, urgent

Old 10-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Spike

No animal is worthless

Tell that to pgc who sees deer as nothing but vermin.

Those that are against sunday hunting are generally
Bible thumpers
Dog runners,
And or those with schedules that allow them to hunt m-f, and don't want others killing game on suday that they will be pursuing on monday,

Which do you fall under?
You forgot; concerned resource first hunting advocates that do not want to see the furthering of the extreme hunter nonfriendly deerless agenda of the enviromaniacs at pgc.

Last edited by buckster55; 10-31-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:30 AM
Typical Buck

Here is a good one for you.

You can eat venison on sunday.
You can shoot a gun on sunday.

You can not shoot a gun to kill a deer to eat venison on sunday.

Why not. Anyone see the irony in the above statement.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

I vote yes to hunting on Sundays. Anyone reading this thread in it's entirety like I just did can see that the arguments against it do not contain any merit. The majority of those against this- (I agree) are those who have the ability to hunt other days Monday though Friday and do not rely upon 1 day a week like those of us who work all week long. Deer do not change what they do one day a week out of 7 because they aren't being hunted that one day. Once the season begins they adapt quickly and go into stealth mode or nocturnal mode as soon as they begin smelling human scent or having encounters with humans in their territory. They do not sit back on Sunday and think "Whew!! Finally I can relax and NOW I can eat and breed in peace" That's nonsense and one of the dumbest things I've ever heard as an argument. As for PA... The management program sucks and I agree that alot of work needs to be done to fix it. However I am all for an added opportunity to hunt especially when the alternative for me is to hunt one species during the weeks that ducks, turkey, small game and upland birds can also be hunted. I would rather hunt ducks or grouse with my dogs in Pa than I would deer, that's what Ohio is for and it only costs $152 for a license and either sex tag and tons of deer everywhere, but that is another topic.

So for all those "Concerned Resource First" minded anti sunday hunters, I say this..... You Are Full Of Crap! Petition the tag allocations- not an opportunity to take kids hunting, spending some quality time with your hunting dog or a chance to put meat on the table for your family. More freedom is better than less.

Last edited by 4evrhtn; 11-04-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

I read through the whole thing and the only stupid arguments I see are the ones pro Sunday hunting. "I would rather believe what Deer & Deer Hunting Magazine says". Reallllly. Those guys are about as competent as the clowns on television. I trapped a lot when younger and checked traps on Sundays. I saw a lot of deer movement during rifle season on early Sunday mornings. If you don't think deer know that something is different on a Sunday morning, then you should probably try getting up out of your drunken stupor and go outside and walk around on a Sunday morning. No traffic noise, truck doors slamming, herds of hunters moving through the woods, and so on. Many a mountain that is empty of deer the first week suddenly comes alive on a Monday. "Other States have it." Some, but most near Pa. have it only on private property. I have had a lot of jobs that affected my hunting time, especially the Military. That is just life. Do you really think that Sunday Hunting, if passed, will be restricted to rifle season only? I used to hunt Maryland until they tried to wipe out the deer. There is a lesson for Pa. hunters to take a look at. As the deer disappeared, the hiking trails and signs started to go in and a good hunting Game Lands (Indian Springs) slowly became a park. Somewhere down the road there is always a bill to pay for rash decisions.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the near future there will be increased Sunday hunting opportunities.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
If you don't think deer know that something is different on a Sunday morning, then you should probably try getting up out of your drunken stupor and go outside and walk around on a Sunday morning. No traffic noise, truck doors slamming, herds of hunters moving through the woods, and so on.

Ok... So you want us to believe that these deer you see on Sunday morning are making themselves seen to you because there is less pressure on a Sunday..

Interesting concept you want me to buy into. However if you are trying to say deer act differently 12 to 14 hrs after the last hunters leave the woods on Saturday evening, one of two things must be true. A deer is capable of logical thinking or they have calendars to keep track of when the 6th consecutive day of hunting comes to an end. I might have to start looking for tally marks in their scrapes, maybe that's how they keep track. There is no legitimate reason to not have sunday hunting, only individual personal preferences that have nothing to do with PROVEN deer management concerns. How many guys out there can't kill a deer during the other 6 days in the week and you are trying to save a deer by not allowing an additional maximum 10 hrs of hunting per week or 40 Maximum additional hours per month. The reality of it is this... at the most the average deer hunter hunts till 9:30 am and most hunt from 3:30-4 pm till dark. That is an increase of what???? 5 hours per week on average- X4= 20 hrs a month extra. And you still want to claim your objection to sunday hunting is because you want to save deer. REALLY???? I'm still not buying it just because you say so.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 4evrhtn
Ok... So you want us to believe that these deer you see on Sunday morning are making themselves seen to you because there is less pressure on a Sunday..

Interesting concept you want me to buy into. However if you are trying to say deer act differently 12 to 14 hrs after the last hunters leave the woods on Saturday evening, one of two things must be true. A deer is capable of logical thinking or they have calendars to keep track of when the 6th consecutive day of hunting comes to an end. I might have to start looking for tally marks in their scrapes, maybe that's how they keep track. There is no legitimate reason to not have sunday hunting, only individual personal preferences that have nothing to do with PROVEN deer management concerns. How many guys out there can't kill a deer during the other 6 days in the week and you are trying to save a deer by not allowing an additional maximum 10 hrs of hunting per week or 40 Maximum additional hours per month. The reality of it is this... at the most the average deer hunter hunts till 9:30 am and most hunt from 3:30-4 pm till dark. That is an increase of what???? 5 hours per week on average- X4= 20 hrs a month extra. And you still want to claim your objection to sunday hunting is because you want to save deer. REALLY???? I'm still not buying it just because you say so.
NO, what he wants us to believe that the woods is full of hunters after the first day of rifle and the pressure doesn't stop till sunday when there is NOBODY in the woods expect guys checking their traps, guys cutting fire wood, guys moving their stands, people walking there dogs, people riding atv's, dirtbikes, horses, Mtn. bikes, etc. The deer in were i hunt must been different then his, i have had them on trailcam, 2 days after the opener walking aound in the daylight, bucks freshing their scapes in the daylight, etc.

Let's not forget if deer disappear from a area that state takes it over and makes state park out of it, damn i'm going to lose my house i guess. That's like going to a amusment park that has no rides. It can't be that the state bought it for the tax's owed or it was for sale or it was donated to state. The elk in bennezette pa, are walking on alot of land that the state bought.

A magazine that is written by wildlife biologists has WAY more creditability then some random internet "super" hunter.

Not all of the state is having these problems, you need to get the state to fix the problems in the WMU's that need it and only them. Buy the doe tags then report them as filled. Just 1 tag could save like 3 for next year. (mom + 1,2,or 3 fawns). I've spent waaay more then that during a hard long winter, on helping the deer get through till the weather broke.

p.s I don't drink.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

I worked with a couple guys with your mentality. They lived in 5-C and the first couple years of the unlimited doe tags they shot deer like it was an endless supply. About 3 years later they were asking around trying to get on other peoples property to hunt. It seems that the deer (that can not think) figured out that they should just stay on the neighbors property and only come back on to feed at night. The whole season. I told them not to quit hunting, just write to the Game Commission and threaten to quit and the Commission would probably vote to start a night season. It is a shame that the only people that have to really work to get a deer anymore are the poachers. Stapher1 -The deer are different where we hunt. I don't know what kind of country club you hunt but it tells me what a BS artist you are. There are no trail bikes, horses,firewood being cut or any other nonsense like that on State Land where I hunt. Bringing a 4 wheeler up there is an invitation to a tire slashing. It gets hunted the whole first week. We are fortunate, no one will give the Game Commission a right of way to get in the Game Lands to "improve" the land. In other words, rape the forest of good hardwoods and let scrap grow back.

Last edited by Gunplummer; 11-07-2011 at 06:27 AM. Reason: add
Old 11-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Bullets
Bronko,

I know many hunters are in favor of Sunday hunting. As I stated previously, in another thread, I cannot support that idea.

I feel that the game need some time to recover from the hunting pressure. I know that there is less hunting all week then there is on Saturday but, I still think they need a day to eat and breed in peace if we are to maintain a healthy number of deer and other game. As it is, deer numbers are down from what I can see in the last few years. Sunday hunting will only make things worse.
Do you really feel this way? Or is this just a cover for a religious based objection to Sunday hunting?

No offense to you personally, but as much as I find the religious objection distasteful and offensive, at least I can understand a deeply religious person making it. This "day of rest for the animals" argument, by comparison, is nonsense and simply makes folks sound like morons. Or worse, dishonest and insincere.

We are dealing with the same crap in Virginia. At least here, the Farm Bureau is brave enough to cite the bible and the need for folks to rest and not to hunt on the Sabbath as its defense of the Sunday hunting ban. That the sabbath is actually on Saturday seems to have been lost on them.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by countertop
Do you really feel this way? Or is this just a cover for a religious based objection to Sunday hunting?

No offense to you personally, but as much as I find the religious objection distasteful and offensive, at least I can understand a deeply religious person making it. This "day of rest for the animals" argument, by comparison, is nonsense and simply makes folks sound like morons. Or worse, dishonest and insincere.

We are dealing with the same crap in Virginia. At least here, the Farm Bureau is brave enough to cite the bible and the need for folks to rest and not to hunt on the Sabbath as its defense of the Sunday hunting ban. That the sabbath is actually on Saturday seems to have been lost on them.
not to mention on their supposed day of rest
dog runners are allowed to run them to exhaustion,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.