Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
All PA hunters, urgent >

All PA hunters, urgent

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

All PA hunters, urgent

Old 10-29-2011, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

I'm for Sunday hunting. Why not pass the law cause certain farmers or anti's are against it? Landowners that don't like it can still say no to hunting if thats what they want on their ground. For guys that wait all week to get out on Saturdays, only to have some horrible weather to hunt in and try to get the kid out and involved, only to have a beautiful Sunday following to wish you could get in the woods. I know I've said plenty of times on Sundays, "Man it would be a good day to go hunting today." I don't agree with the animals needing rest, when they rest all spring and summer, and most of the hunting is done only for a few months in fall and early winter. Why is it ok to shoot crows, and fox and coyotes on Sunday?
Old 10-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Today's a great example. With the snow, wind, and cold we're getting today, which is keeping most folks out of the woods, tomorrow would be a good chance to really see some activity with the rut starting. But no, it's Sunday. ttt You can buy booze (sit in a bar), gamble, shop anywhere, but you can't hunt. Is it the "killing" aspect of hunting? Because you can also fish on Sundays, and killing might easily be a part of that sport.

Is there a way to vote for Pa Sunday hunting on line?

Last edited by early in; 10-29-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up Sunday Hunting

When I owned a gun shop in VA we tried to get Sunday hunting passed but no luck
To whom ever it was that thought the deer needed a rest and Sunday would be "that day"...How many more days does it give the season if its passed...not too many... certainly not enough to even place a dent in the herd. Have you EVER heard a game biologist scream...we need to shut down Sundays to save the herd? And who says it won't make a hunter more likely to wait for the size buck he's looking for and maybe not even get to harvest one?
EVERYONE needs to make a call...if you don't want to hunt on Sundays its simple DON'T. PETA would close PA hunters down in a heart beat. Stand united, stand strong and remember all of the groups against hunting will pull the plug on you the first chance they get...make a difference, make the call

PS: I don't live in that state nor have I hunted there in 20 years but I'm with everyone of you
Old 10-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Bullets
I hope you are not referring to me. I can assure you that, there is no religious aspect to my position at all.

What I said,
Was what I meant!
Yes I was
And What I said ,
Is what I mean.

The only way you can support no sunday hunting as a day of rest is for religious reasons and the is illegal. No other way to condone it that way.

Last edited by vapahunter; 10-31-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

bronko is friend of mine.very nice guy .i understand his position BUT ole sproul does not want to see SUNDAY HUNTING.
most i know dont want it also for very different reasons.
most have called to say NO to it.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Zrabfan26
I'm for Sunday hunting. Why not pass the law cause certain farmers or anti's are against it? Landowners that don't like it can still say no to hunting if thats what they want on their ground. For guys that wait all week to get out on Saturdays, only to have some horrible weather to hunt in and try to get the kid out and involved, only to have a beautiful Sunday following to wish you could get in the woods. I know I've said plenty of times on Sundays, "Man it would be a good day to go hunting today." I don't agree with the animals needing rest, when they rest all spring and summer, and most of the hunting is done only for a few months in fall and early winter. Why is it ok to shoot crows, and fox and coyotes on Sunday?

why is it ok to shoot crows,fox, coyotes, because they are WORTHLESS.
predators that kill .

DEER are imperial cow of hunting and we protect them.that is difference.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
why is it ok to shoot crows,fox, coyotes, because they are WORTHLESS.
predators that kill .

DEER are imperial cow of hunting and we protect them.that is difference.
No animal is worthless,
You protect animals by liimiting their poulation to the environment
That's done via seasons, tags, and limits,
Not by dictating which days those animals can be killed,
Those that are against sunday hunting are generally
Bible thumpers
Dog runners,
And or those with schedules that allow them to hunt m-f, and don't want others killing game on suday that they will be pursuing on monday,

Which do you fall under?
Old 10-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still think they need a day to eat and breed in peace if we are to maintain a healthy number of deer and other game.
That's what night is for. They have from 6:00pm until 7:00am (13 hours a day, 91 hours a week) to eat and breed in peace. They're more active at night anyway. Especially mature deer.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Spike

http://www.acsl-pa.org/index.htm

The facts.

Last edited by buckster55; 10-31-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Spike

"The state makes more money having them animals,"
"the state" does not make one dime off of those animals. Pgc funding is pgc funding. Not state funding. "THE STATE" believes they are LOSING money due to those animals effects on forestry and that is where the problem lies. You really should educated yourself a little better.

"This just insane and not even intelligent and your the first person i've EVER heard say that."
Really? Thats funny because I don't know ANYONE who thinks pgc has one ounce of credibility, and pgcs "antideer agenda" is well documented.

"Why would you oppose giving a guy a chance to hunt on what maybe the only two days to hunt (sunday & saturday)."
Resource FIRST. Overharvest also is NOT good for the sport of hunting in Pennsylvania despite what pgc caring about it or not.

"What you NEED TO OPPOSE IS the number of doe tags issued in your WMU. Not the chance for a guy to take his kids hunting."
I do. As do most others. Yet no reasonable changes occur.

In western Pa, we don't have a lack of game,
Thats your opinion and nothing more. Mine is that the herd level across this unit, and most of the state for that matter, is below what it should be and could be responsibly, and they are clearly seeking to continue with further reductions despite claims of stabilization.

"i don't know who you tells you that,"
30+ years of hunting and longer than that living here, and many years closely following pgc follies. And pretty much every other hunter Ive talked to or heard from.

maybe you need to look at the harvest report a little harder,
Sure, why dont we do just that!....

Should i start with the 50 + year low statewide buck harvests we have been having? Or should I start with the insanely low buck harvest in 2A the last few years? The buck harvest was getting so pathetic, they lessened our antler restrictions and put us into split season to up the buck harvest to make it look better! lol. Rosenberry also admitted to using rifle season harvest reporting rate "across the board" and for all seasons even though it was a lower rate than archery & ML, and he said it made the figures pgc give HIGHER than actual! That was brought to light this past spring pgc meeting thanks to the cross examination tactics used by commissioner Boop. Made Rosenberry look extremely foolish to have to admit the intentional use of inaccurate data.

Anything else I should take a look at?

Buck harvest in 2010 unit 2a... 5800. What a joke. We were killing more than that on 1/3 of the land mass in one county in the late nineties!

The only areas of the state not being overharvested is the sras. Pgc is a joke and cannot be trusted with more "tools" to devastate our deer herd further. Dcnr has asked for this previously and thats why pgc is jumping on command.

Last edited by buckster55; 10-31-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.