Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Sloooowwww  start to the season ,,,NY >

Sloooowwww start to the season ,,,NY

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sloooowwww start to the season ,,,NY

Old 10-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

In Westchester, with the moon pretty bright the first two weekends, could have done a lot of night feeding and slept most of the day. I've seen a few nice bucks, but they're in heavy cover. With the new moon, and maybe a little whiff of scent, it could start to draw them out. Right now, rattling and grunting's not bringing em out. And, coupled with the high winds we've had, they're all a little skittish. This weekend will be the first for me with the tinks, and some bleating. Good luck to all
Old 10-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
Agree, onondaga county sighting down for me. No sign at all in my areas that is usually loaded. Saw one doe Friday, one buck Saturday, nothing within range. Usually I see 10-12 does by now and have at least one in the freezer. I know the acorn crop is not what is was last year so they could be on different food sources. I'd like to know if anything is chasing yet but I can't see any deer to tell whether or not that is the case.
I'm in the same county as you. Acorns were done falling about Oct 1st. Really screwed on one of my spots. Had a camera on a ridge that was getting action all Sept. Soon as Oct hit I didn't get any more pics from it except me when I went to check it.

I'm seeing deer on one farm I hunt but even there sightings are down. No scrapes yet and only rub I have found I watched the buck make it.