Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 9/11 hunters where were you? 4 book project >

9/11 hunters where were you? 4 book project

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

9/11 hunters where were you? 4 book project

Old 08-09-2003, 02:14 PM

Default 9/11 hunters where were you? 4 book project

Greetings from Colorado

I am working on a book project called " Where were you on 9/11" this project will share stories and personal experiences of hunters in the field, and those fishing
I am currently working on a book project g and finding out how the world changed in a matter of a few hours back in New York City. Where were you, what were you doing and how did you react when you heard the terrible news when you returned from the field or waters?

There is no compensation for your submission, but lets tell the world we as hunters and fishing people that we were just as shocked as the rest of America. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Please send submissions to:
Dr. Michael Brooks
11677 west 62nd Ave. #10
Arvada, Colorado 80004

Or e-mail to:
[email protected]
Old 08-09-2003, 02:44 PM

Default RE: 9/11 hunters where were you? 4 book project

wow, thats strange thing to really think about, but i have a best friend that was
bow hunting elk, north west of grand junction, and with the disarea in the airlines
it took him almost a week to get home, boy i bet he could add somthing to your
artical
Old 08-09-2003, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

I just e-mailed my story. My Dad and I were on a fishing trip at an out-post lake in NE Ontario. We had flown out 7am on Sept.11th and didn' t find out about it until our bush pilot picked us up at 4:00pm on Sept. 13th. We had no communication what-so-ever for those 3 days that we were out there and no one within 30 miles.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:07 PM

Hi Norsemen,

Greetings from Colorado, do you think that you could get that article for me?, maybe having him send some info to me about his elk hunt in Grand Junction, that would help a great deal, this is a project that many want to help with, so have him e-mail me at [email protected], any info you can get I sure would appreciate, thanks so much for your help and support, take care

Dr. Mike
Old 08-09-2003, 10:12 PM

Greetings from Colorado,

What a great story, I had tears in my eyes as I read your account of 9/11,I would like to use it, and would like to have you send me some pictures of you and your dad with fishing gear, if you want to add any additional info please do, would your dad be willing to write his feelings and how it touched him? I appreciate your elp and thanks so much, please send info to:

Dr. Michael Brooks
1167 west 62nd ave. #10
Arvada, CO 80004

Thanks again, and God bless the USA!
Old 08-10-2003, 02:44 PM

outdoor, that would be no problem, i' ll give him a call, it was a simular situation
as bow4it, in that went into the bush, on a do it youself bow hunt, and when he came out the hole world had changed, and the most horrifing thing about his ordeal was haveing to take a 3 day bus trip home, that stopped in every little town
between colorado and new york, with strangers sitting on each others lap' s because the bus was so over crowded, ( airlines had shut down )
Old 08-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

I was sitting at my trading desk in midtown Manhattan when I heard from a broker at Cantor that a plane hit the WTC. We turned on the tv' s but didnt see any footage for about 5 minutes. After the guy at Cantor called, a client from Fiduciary called to say that he was ok and was leaving the building---he never made it out and about 2 weeks later his mom called to see if we knew his last words. We ended up pulling our tapes and gave her the 3 minute conversation. Needless to say, I watched live as the second plane hit the other WTC.

I ended up trying to walk across the GW Bridge only to have cops on horseback close the bridge about 50 yds in front of me. After a near riot, I walked to a friends apartment on the East side of Manhattan. Went to work the next day and finally caught a ride home from a guy at work. I called in sick on that Thursday.

Never forget and hunt these people to the ends of the earth.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:08 PM

very well said, my mom, also working in lower manhatten that horribale day,
whatched the second plane fly in from the building she was in just like you, I guess
she had to stay at my brother apartment that night, uptown she walked all the way
up to 71st, shes not a young woman, before she could get a ride home the next
day to staten island, a week after the tragidy, left my home in buffalo, and drove
down there, and veiwed the distruction up close with my brother inlaw N.Y.P.D
emergency services, they lost 11 members, my brother inlaw had just left manhattan 1 hour before, after his shift, and most of the dead were the day shift
people in emegency service, thank god he worked nights, also having privy to
the places the news media werent even allowed to be, i burned up 3 rolls of film,
of the distruction 1 week after, i look at those photo' s today in horror, photos are quite unbelieveable and with a400 mm zoom lens are somthing to see,,
Old 08-11-2003, 09:54 AM

I was on the bus, on my way to my job at WTC 7th floor, all of my company made it out except for one who was on a higher floor for a meeting. lost some friends ,
what a mess--------hope we learned some lessons, i pray it never happens again anywhere

Old 08-11-2003, 03:36 PM

I was stuck in the school library. [:' (]

Quick Reply: 9/11 hunters where were you? 4 book project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.