Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Spot & Stalk Recommendation >

Spot & Stalk Recommendation

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Spot & Stalk Recommendation

Old 08-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Spike

Default Spot & Stalk Recommendation

I am looking for a reputable outfitter to book a spot and stalk hunt for whitetail or other large game somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast. Generally speaking, I find these hunts more exciting than your typical stand or blind hunts.

Prefer not to break the bank if possible - but I realize quality often means you pay a proper price.

Anybody have recommendations on an outfitter?

Appreciate your time.

Skip
Old 08-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sjoslin
I am looking for a reputable outfitter to book a spot and stalk hunt for whitetail or other large game somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast. Generally speaking, I find these hunts more exciting than your typical stand or blind hunts.

Prefer not to break the bank if possible - but I realize quality often means you pay a proper price.

Anybody have recommendations on an outfitter?

Appreciate your time.

Skip
I would say shoot for kentucky. I am assuming you want a rifle of muzzle loader hunt. Most do not hunt this way in the NE because of things like: not enough land, spooking the deer, other hunters in the area.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

joslin - did you ever consider going it on your own? NE & NC PA has a lot of state forest land that is open to the public. And western PA in (from my understanding) running amuk with deer. All it might cost you is room and board somewhere.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you don't mind working for your Buck this is a great choice to try...

http://www.cedarridgeoutfitters.com/